Please, help me choose my next upgrade.

I have recently come into a sum of money and I LOVE upgrading my computer (Don't we all?), but I am kind of stuck on what to upgrade next. I have a budget of $400-600 dollars, but it can be extended if I feel it's worth it. I'm down with upgrading one single expensive component, or upgrading a few lower priced ones. Some of my current ideas include upgrading monitors, case, PSU, SLI, or adding a custom liquid loop, although my cooling is excellent as it is. Let me know what you guys think, current specs will be posted below.

CPU: Core-i7 5820k @ 4.5 GHz, cooled by Cooler Master Nepton 240M

GPU: EVGA Hybrid 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair 760T

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX

MOBO: MSI X99s Krait SLI

Storage: Samsung 850 evo 240GB, (2)WD Blue 1TB

Monitor: (2)ASUS 1080p 144Hz VG248qe

~Air Cooling Advocate~

Spoiler

Hmmm. Maybe it's just me. I don't see anything to upgrade as of now. Everything seems to be ok for now. What kind of games do you usually play? From your monitor I'm assuming FPS games? If that is so, then I would recommend you to save up the money. Who knows down the road you got other things to buy or part broke down (not saying it will but ... you get what I mean).

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

You could add another Samsung 850 Evo 240GB and run it in RAID 0 

OR

Get two bigger Samsung 850 Evos(512 GB would be what I would get) and  run those in RAID 0.

Just now, VolkA said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmmm. Maybe it's just me. I don't see anything to upgrade as of now. Everything seems to be ok for now. What kind of games do you usually play? From your monitor I'm assuming FPS games? If that is so, then I would recommend you to save up the money. Who knows down the road you got other things to buy or part broke down (not saying it will but ... you get what I mean).

I play a huge variety of games, from CS:GO & Battlefield to games like Dirt Rally, Civ 5, Rocket leauge, and Skyrim just to name a few. No specific category really.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

3 minutes ago, lilbman said:

OR

Get two bigger Samsung 850 Evos(512 GB would be what I would get) and  run those in RAID 0.

I'll keep that in mind

~Air Cooling Advocate~

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

OR

Strongly suggest against Raid 0'ing SSDs. if one dies and since they're always under load there is a higher chance, all your data is fucked

idea - new peripherals and an ultrawide monitor? 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Strongly suggest against Raid 0'ing SSDs. if one dies and since they're always under load there is a higher chance, all your data is fucked

Doesn't Linus run his editing server SSDs in some form of RAID?

Just now, Droidbot said:

Just purchased a K70 Lux and M65 from Corsair back in November, but I have heard about how great 1440p @ 144Hz is over 1080p

~Air Cooling Advocate~

Maybe a ram upgrade to 32 or even 64GB. depending on your needs/requirements for your motherboard.  

4 minutes ago, Votivee said:

I play a huge variety of games, from CS:GO & Battlefield to games like Dirt Rally, Civ 5, Rocket leauge, and Skyrim just to name a few. No specific category really.

IF, you have to spend the money, maybe you can get like a bigger monitor (32" or maybe even 40") etc. I'm playing Civ 6 on 31.5" monitor (just normal FHD 60Hz) and it's awesome. Haha.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

1 minute ago, TheCatWithAPlanYT said:

Maybe a ram upgrade to 32 or even 64GB. depending on your needs/requirements for your motherboard.  

Thought about selling my current RAM and upgrading to 64GB of Dominator Platinum, I'm just not sure if I'd see any benefit out of it

~Air Cooling Advocate~

3 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Thought about selling my current RAM and upgrading to 64GB of Dominator Platinum, I'm just not sure if I'd see any benefit out of it

If you uses ALOT of RAM like usually more than 16GB then yes, you will see the different. If not, nope you will not see much differences at all. At least that is what I know.

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, Votivee said:

I have recently come into a sum of money and I LOVE upgrading my computer (Don't we all?), but I am kind of stuck on what to upgrade next. I have a budget of $400-600 dollars, but it can be extended if I feel it's worth it. I'm down with upgrading one single expensive component, or upgrading a few lower priced ones. Some of my current ideas include upgrading monitors, case, PSU, SLI, or adding a custom liquid loop, although my cooling is excellent as it is. Let me know what you guys think, current specs will be posted below.

Is the 850 evo an NVME drive? If not, throw one in. Other than that, not much else for you to do unless you wanted to run SLI or maybe go up to the 1080 or maybe 1080ti if its released soon. I mean you could throw some RBG lighting in there if you don't have much, maybe go for a White/Black theme more than what is already there.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

48 minutes ago, Votivee said:

I would upgrade the GPU or the CPU.

For GPU: GTX 1080

For CPU: 6800k, or the 6850k. 

5 minutes ago, Krillingt75961 said:

Is the 850 evo an NVME drive? If not, throw one in. Other than that, not much else for you to do unless you wanted to run SLI or maybe go up to the 1080 or maybe 1080ti if its released soon. I mean you could throw some RBG lighting in there if you don't have much, maybe go for a White/Black theme more than what is already there.

2 minutes ago, EslyteMedia said:

I would upgrade the GPU or the CPU.

For GPU: GTX 1080

For CPU: 6800k, or the 6850k. 

Thanks for the advice, the 1070 was actually just given to me as a Christmas present and I would feel kind of bad about replacing it. For the CPU, I don't really want to go through the hassle of reinstalling windows, plus my current CPU does quite well with what I have to throw at it.

I'd like to go SLI but I have a few concerns about that. For one, I'd likely have to get a new PSU as I don't think my 750 could handle both. Another reason is that it would be super overkill for my current monitor setup, and since I have a Hybrid card, I'd have to find radiator space for another Hybrid card because running SLI on two different looking cards would drive me crazy. Also, I've heard about the nightmare of SLI game scaling and I'm not super educated on how to fix that or how often it happens. 

~Air Cooling Advocate~

14 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Thanks for the advice, the 1070 was actually just given to me as a Christmas present and I would feel kind of bad about replacing it. For the CPU, I don't really want to go through the hassle of reinstalling windows, plus my current CPU does quite well with what I have to throw at it.

I'd like to go SLI but I have a few concerns about that. For one, I'd likely have to get a new PSU as I don't think my 750 could handle both. Another reason is that it would be super overkill for my current monitor setup, and since I have a Hybrid card, I'd have to find radiator space for another Hybrid card because running SLI on two different looking cards would drive me crazy. Also, I've heard about the nightmare of SLI game scaling and I'm not super educated on how to fix that or how often it happens. 

As far as SLI goes, you can disable it in the Nvidia control panel or whatever its called. I wouldn't worry about CPU atm though since you have a pretty solid one. I guess besides the SSD, focus on making your rig look really amazing. If you have the money for it, maybe a new desk that you can put the components into to not only really show them off but to also revitalize your space for your computer. Lian Li has some nice ones for around $1500 used or $1000 if you want to go lower. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811112535 Looks pretty good if I do say so myself and I will probably get something like it if I have the money.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

I'd say with your budget, you could drop ~$130 on an entry level 500gb SSD just for games.  Maybe dedicate the rest of the budget to a second 1070 if you want to better utilize the 2 144hz monitors you got there.  May be a little tight with the rads but I'd be surprised it you couldn't manage with a 760t.

56 minutes ago, Votivee said:

I'd likely have to get a new PSU as I don't think my 750 could handle both.

Your PSU would be fine for it, pascal isn't that power hungry.  

I normally don't push anybody too hard with SLI because your mileage will vary, but in your shoes I would try it, only because you already have everything else in place for it to work.

16 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Your PSU would be fine for it, pascal isn't that power hungry.  

I normally don't push anybody too hard with SLI because your mileage will vary, but in your shoes I would try it, only because you already have everything else in place for it to work.

I have a feeling I might go this route. I'll probably end up getting some other opinions on the PSU thing though. Not because I don't trust your word on it, but I'd hate to buy the 1070 and then find out I need a new PSU, or worse, end up damaging my current one.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

2 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

New fans for the water cooler

Already running Noctua NF-F12's on both my rads, thanks for the suggestion though

~Air Cooling Advocate~

7 minutes ago, Votivee said:

I have a feeling I might go this route. I'll probably end up getting some other opinions on the PSU thing though. Not because I don't trust your word on it, but I'd hate to buy the 1070 and then find out I need a new PSU, or worse, end up damaging my current one.

Fair enough.  I'm really confident the PSU would handle it.  Corsair RM is a good line and has a warranty to back it up.  If nothing else, get more storage.  You absolutely won't regret being able to have your whole steam library downloaded and always ready on SSD.  You don't need to RAID.

Really Your specs are pretty good if it were me I would save up for when this build goes out of date though if you have to upgade it i guess the best things would be a mouse or keyboard, a 4k monitor another ssd or some ram