[Leak] First hands on of the Samsung Galaxy S8 [00:39s]

ttam

Seems edgy to me tbh

Argh they should just announce it already the leaks are ridiculous for this phone.

9 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Argh they should just announce it already the leaks are ridiculous for this phone.

its marketing hype like AMD did with Ryzen. 

Welp. There's the end of that hype train for me. I absolutely hate the idea of not having anything on the front other than a screen. Chances are it won't even HAVE a homebutton which really sucks. Whoopty doo look at me buying the previous gen of a smart phone right on the release of the new gen

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

15 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its marketing hype like AMD did with Ryzen. 

Yea at least now i know the curve is much sharper like the note 7 unlike the s7 edge which looks like some weird sea slug.

3 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

Yea at least now i know the curve is much sharper like the note 7 unlike the s7 edge which looks like some weird sea slug.

i love the design so far, i really hope a better version of mi mix will comeout. 

Stupid edge displays. Its all fun and games until the inevitable drop, and with a glass back your screwed no matter where it lands. 

The things have been known to crack just sitting in your pocket. 

The sooner this fad is gone the better. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

1 hour ago, maizenblue said:

Stupid edge displays. Its all fun and games until the inevitable drop, and with a glass back your screwed no matter where it lands. 

The things have been known to crack just sitting in your pocket. 

The sooner this fad is gone the better. 

Nah Edge displays are pretty cool and here are probably here to stay they will likely be next big the thing that happens next with the main manufactures aiming for bezel-less displays on the market.

I have been using s7 edge without any skin/case/scrren protector my phone has fallen a few time not from a absurd distance but it still hasnt cracked yet.

For the screen cracking itself I took a quick look on google from what I can see only a few people had that complain and it's not really a big issue.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, AG1233 said:

Nah Edge displays are pretty cool and here are probably here to stay they will likely be next big the thing that happens next with the main manufactures aiming for bezel-less displays on the market.

I have been using s7 edge without any skin/case/scrren protector my phone has fallen a few time not from a absurd distance but it still hasnt cracked yet.

For the screen cracking itself I took a quick look on google from what I can see only a few people had that complain and it's not really a big issue.

There have been some online leaks saying Apple has decided against a curved display after initially intending to use one. One reason they cited is Apple deciding during drop and durability tests on prototypes that they were too fragile and easily cracked.

I'm completely baffled by their appeal. The curve seems to serve no earthly purpose to me other than making people say gee look how the screen is curved, that's kinda neat.

I know someone who works for Verizon and he said he's noticed issues with the edge displays cracking, sometimes with the owner not even sure how  it cracked.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB