USB DAC/AMP

mister_krister

Since im not familiar with DAC's and AMP's im wondering if there is any good USB versions that supports both 3.5 Mic and headset?

I got a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohm headset with a modmic 5.0.

Reason why i want it to support a mic is because my 3.5mm mic input on my computer seems a bit "loose" and causes a bad connection to the PC and if i unplug it i spend a solid 10-15minutes turning the plug around and pushing it in to make the mic work.

I figured i might aswell get a DAC/AMP for both and ive been looking into soundcards but the cables wont reach behind my PC without causing strain on the cable and the headset gets really "heavy" as it drags towards the back of the PC.

I have been looking through the stickies but it seems that these are for headphones only and doesn't have USB connection. 

If it doesnt have USB connection, how do i connect it to my PC? 

I got a pretty expensive motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula, S-1151

Which has the following supported audio: DTS Connect, High Definition Audio 

sna4pQ5.png

18 minutes ago, mister_krister said:

Doesn't need to be insanely expensive, but I live in Norway so things tend to cost 2-3x more here..

This seems like an cheap option: https://antlionaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/antlion-audio-usb-adapter 

However, i don't know how good it is.

Well considering the headphones you'll need more than that to drive them.

When you go to a USB adapter you bypass the motherboards amp and dac.

If you only plug the microphone into the adapter you wont need anything more beefy but if you plan on using the headphones through it i would get something else.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

Well considering the headphones you'll need more than that to drive them.

When you go to a USB adapter you bypass the motherboards amp and dac.

If you only plug the microphone into the adapter you wont need anything more beefy but if you plan on using the headphones through it i would get something.

Any recommendations? 

5 minutes ago, mister_krister said:

Thank you! So this one should be good? Also appreciate the link to Norwegian prices!

Should cut it, but always keep the receipt. And you're welcome :)

3 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

Should cut it, but always keep the receipt. And you're welcome :)

I'm new to this, so this should be plug & play? I might have to install some software but all ineed to do it plug the usb in and the headphones + mic in front right?

5 minutes ago, mister_krister said:

I'm new to this, so this should be plug & play? I might have to install some software but all ineed to do it plug the usb in and the headphones + mic in front right?

Not sure if its plug & play. There is a software suite for additional features but i dont know if it's needed. Otherwise you are correct.

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

Not sure if its plug & play. There is a software suite for additional features but i dont know if it's needed. Otherwise you are correct.

Thanks again! I will try this one out.