Chrome and Facebook freeze my PC, then break SSD sectors

HeftyNugget
Go to solution Solved by HeftyNugget,

I managed to fix it - if any of you guys had HDD  that was popping messages through SMART about inevitable disk failure, replace the HDD and it'll work smoothly.

Recently I've noticed that facebook chat acts weirdly - in random chat windows I can't seem to scroll properly, it moves 1px at the time instead of the usual 20-40px and if I reopen the chat few times or continue using chrome, it freezes my entire PC and a chkdsk is being auto-executed upon restart.

After chkdsk fixes the issue, windows simply won't boot past 'Starting Windows' message and I have to run Windows repair tools off the DVD.

I found emptying Chrome's cache to be a temporary solution, but now after a day of usage it happened again - I'm absolutely angrified.

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Instead of clearing cache, try to reset Chrome.

chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings

This will clear everything and reset chrome to default.

Otherwise RIP Netheous's PC 2017-2017

Others might be able to chime in as I have no experience in what you're experiencing.

I don't think it's the issue with settings - the problem occured suddenly, not after I changed anything in chrome.

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 

I managed to fix it - if any of you guys had HDD  that was popping messages through SMART about inevitable disk failure, replace the HDD and it'll work smoothly.

7 hours ago, Netheous said:

*brain explodes out of skull*

Sorry I had to.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Hey, you're not looking for a group !

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."