Best SSD for OS

I'm wanting to change my os SSD due to it being used up by BF1 and other apps. I'm needing an SSD of some kind to store games like BF1, BF4 etc to speed up the loading times. 

atm, I'm looking at an Intel 600P 128GB M.2 but IDK if it will be enough to store games like that and more :/ 

my original idea was to swap over my 240GB SSD (i have for my OS now) for an M.2 SSD. (ik that the speeds are better on my SSD that I have now) 

what I'm wanting to know is: 

what is the best M.2 SSD to use for OS and how would I go around transferring Windows over to the M.2.

Thanks to anyone that could point me in the right direction :D

i *REALLY* suggest getting a 240GB SSD, because if you go with less you're gonna run out of space REAL fast, for a marginal money saving.

beyond that, go with whatever is decent quality. troughput speeds are surprisingly unimportant in most real world cases.

If you already have a 240GB SSD, just swap it for storage and buy a cheaper 128 GB SSD m.2, but have in mind, if you want the 2K+ read/write speeds, you'll have to get an NVME m.2 and those are pricier than regular m.2 ssd's. Linus has a video on this, so you'll get what I'm saying and understand the difference:

Hope this helped :)

I recomend the SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB  as when i got it, it was cheaper than all the other 240gb SSD and it is fast!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

9 minutes ago, kettu said:

If you already have a 240GB SSD, just swap it for storage and buy a cheaper 128 GB SSD m.2, but have in mind, if you want the 2K+ read/write speeds, you'll have to get an NVME m.2 and those are pricier than regular m.2 ssd's. Linus has a video on this, so you'll get what I'm saying and understand the difference:

Hope this helped :)

Watch that video first :D but do you mean get the 128gb for the games only? or get another 240gb. just a bit lost there.

intel and Samsung are best. 240/250gb min pref 512gb

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

38 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i *REALLY* suggest getting a 240GB SSD, because if you go with less you're gonna run out of space REAL fast, for a marginal money saving.

beyond that, go with whatever is decent quality. troughput speeds are surprisingly unimportant in most real world cases.

120GB can be managed to last a few years :P Even mine currently isn't full after a couple years of use. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

120GB can be managed to last a few years :P Even mine currently isn't full after a couple years of use. 

sure, but you have to put the effort in, for a quite marginal extra cost, you can just let it be.

remember a lot of games like to put crap in my docs ;)

Even 240gb isn't the easiest thing to maintain. 120gb for games would be taken up within the first year. Rather go for the 240gb.

Nothing.

22 minutes ago, TheSuspect said:

Even 240gb isn't the easiest thing to maintain. 120gb for games would be taken up within the first year. Rather go for the 240gb.

I mean. if it's your only drive then sure xD

Samsung 850 Evo if you're doing Sata, or whatever Samsung m.2 you can get. I've had a 256GB since 2012 and it fills up quickly if you play several different games at the same time like I do so for my case a 512GB would be better, but if you only play 1-2 games and then uninstall them, a 256 will do nicely.