App development.

Go to solution Solved by AbhishekEDM,
2 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

If you're fine with Android, you can perfectly write Android apps in C++. Android supports the JNI (Java Native Interface) for that, you'll only need to write a small Java wrapper. Other than that, C# is probably a better choice than Java.

Thanks bro for helping me I think I'm going with C# because of it's multiplatform support.

I'm thinking about doing an app development course but I'm very confused which language should I learn first?

C# which can be used for nearly all the platforms(Android, Windows, IOS) and is necessary for UNITY 5(Game development)

or

JAVA which is the native language for the android.

You would want to learn the most simplist language as possible. Example: Java has a lot more code to learn than something as simple as python

7 minutes ago, Samson_ST said:

You would want to learn the most simplist language as possible. Example: Java has a lot more code to learn than something as simple as python

I'm currently learning C++ in my school but the problem is that our syllabus include C++ 11 which is out dated even visual studio does not support it we have to use turbo C++ to compile the code.
I think learning an outdated language is a waste of time and I know it is good for clearing the basics.

1 minute ago, AbhishekEDM said:

I'm currently learning C++ in my school but the problem is that our syllabus include C++ 11 which is out dated even visual studio does not support it we have to use turbo C++ to compile the code.
I think learning an outdated language is a waste of time and I know it is good for clearing the basics.

the more older the language update is the more basic it is. In the long run, learning C++ 11 will be helpfull but in your own time you need to self learn the rest of the language.

1 minute ago, Samson_ST said:

the more older the language update is the more basic it is. In the long run, learning C++ 11 will be helpfull but in your own time you need to self learn the rest of the language.

But the problem is that I can not use C++ for making mobile apps.

Just now, AbhishekEDM said:

But the problem is that I can not use C++ for making mobile apps.

You see that's the problem, you have to find the write language for YOU. i do recommend Python

Just now, Dat Guy said:

For anything.

Why?
I think we can use python for face and speech recognition

Because there is no language with a worse syntax (required verbosity, whitespace enforcement, implicit exceptions, ...) and a more horrible performance than Python. Don't even think about using it.

Write in C.

Just now, Dat Guy said:

Because there is no language with a worse syntax (required verbosity, whitespace enforcement, implicit exceptions, ...) and a more horrible performance than Python. Don't even think about using it.

OK
what do you think which language should I learn C# or JAVA for app development.

If you're fine with Android, you can perfectly write Android apps in C++. Android supports the JNI (Java Native Interface) for that, you'll only need to write a small Java wrapper. Other than that, C# is probably a better choice than Java.

Write in C.

2 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Thanks bro for helping me I think I'm going with C# because of it's multiplatform support.

1 hour ago, AbhishekEDM said:

I'm thinking about doing an app development course but I'm very confused which language should I learn first?

If by "course" you mean "a course from your school", then just learn whatever language that the course uses. You'll go into the course with a head start which will hopefully make it easier for you and hopefully that means you'll get better grades. This way you're using your time most efficiently. There's no need to learn language X before you learn language Y so just go straight to the language you'll use.

If you don't know what language the course uses, but know what platform the course targets (Android or iOS most likely), then learn the most commonly used language for that platform. Odds are it's what the class will use. So if the course focuses on Android then learn Java. If the courses focuses on iOS then learn Swift (and some Objective-C wouldn't hurt).

If you have a choice on language, then I'd still go with the native language for the platform you're developing for. It's where most of the documentation and resources will be for the platform. It's can also be nice to be able to understand and use resources for the native language even if you're using something else to develop for the app (like C# and Xamarin for example).

3 minutes ago, madknight3 said:

If by "course" you mean "a course from your school", then just learn whatever language that the course uses. You'll go into the course with a head start which will hopefully make it easier for you and hopefully that means you'll get better grades. This way you're using your time most efficiently. There's no need to learn language X before you learn language Y so just go straight to the language you'll use.

If you don't know what language the course uses, but know what platform the course targets (Android or iOS most likely), then learn the most commonly used language for that platform. Odds are it's what the class will use. So if the course focuses on Android then learn Java. If the courses focuses on iOS then learn Swift (and some Objective-C wouldn't hurt).

Thanks for your help