What's your mouse of choice?

GreenToxon

Hey everyone, looking for a replacement mouse. Pretty much just want to try something new and to see if anything beats my Naos 8200. And to have either one as a backup if it ever fails. 

I used to have the Razer Ouroboros and before that the Deathadder. 

The Ouroboros was cool looking (main reason I purchased it) and everything but it was just uncomfortable for me. I was for a period of time using it because I thought it was the best (That period when you first start PC gaming and think Razer is the best at everything) I have large hands, and the Mionix NAOS 8200 is perfect as I can comfortably rest my hand on it. Are there any mice that are similar? I was researching and the Logitech MX Master looks to be the go to in terms of comfort (wireless or not doesn't matter). On the other hand the Logitech G900 also seems intriguing but I'm worried it may not be as comfortable as this one. 

What are you guys using & what do you like about it? 

My G402 or a G502 4 lyfe

I'm not 100% sure which mouse I'd get in the future, but as of now it would likely be something from Logitech. They seem to have some pretty impressive mice.

However, I can definitely tell you which mouse I won't get: Razer. I'm currently using a Razer Taipan, and I've had a number of issues with it. I have to unplug and replug the mouse into my computer multiple times before it'll actually get detected properly and work, the plastic cover on the bottom peeled off, and the software itself is just a pain in general at times.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

I use a Microsoft Intellimouse. I wish I was kidding.

Which one? OC it to 1000Hz and you'll love it

idk

13 minutes ago, GreenToxon said:

Hey everyone, looking for a replacement mouse. Pretty much just want to try something new and to see if anything beats my Naos 8200. And to have either one as a backup if it ever fails. 

I used to have the Razer Ouroboros and before that the Deathadder. 

The Ouroboros was cool looking (main reason I purchased it) and everything but it was just uncomfortable for me. I was for a period of time using it because I thought it was the best (That period when you first start PC gaming and think Razer is the best at everything) I have large hands, and the Mionix NAOS 8200 is perfect as I can comfortably rest my hand on it. Are there any mice that are similar? I was researching and the Logitech MX Master looks to be the go to in terms of comfort (wireless or not doesn't matter). On the other hand the Logitech G900 also seems intriguing but I'm worried it may not be as comfortable as this one. 

What are you guys using & what do you like about it? 

The Logitech MX Master is honestly the best mouse to ever exist. After using the MX Master, It'll be very hard to go back to any other mouse, It's that good.

I use a G502. I should probably write a review of it.

I enjoy the extra macros for nearly every game (RTS, FPS, or RPG) and the heft and weight is much needed for comfort. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Func MS3 R2. I wish there was an optical version, but Func is now Fnatic Gear and don't have the same ergonomic shape :(

1 minute ago, Eztrcfyu said:

Func MS3 R2. I wish there was an optical version, but Func is now Fnatic Gear and don't have the same ergonomic shape :(

Rip open the case and replace the PCB?

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

Rip open the case and replace the PCB?

I could do that, but I don't really want to buy a new mouse just to tear it apart :P And I don't really have any issues with it being laser, works just fine for me. When it dies though, I might have to bastardize another mouse.

Well, looks like I might give that MX Master a chance, it is the cheaper of the two. Anybody experience the G900? 

Thanks guys for the input so far. 

12 hours ago, EslyteMedia said:

The Logitech MX Master is honestly the best mouse to ever exist. After using the MX Master, It'll be very hard to go back to any other mouse, It's that good.

True but if youre into competitive fps gaming the lag and laser sensor kick in.I use the MX Master but when I try to use my brothers fk1 my pinky joint hurts alot because I like pinky space.

2 minutes ago, 16burritos said:

yeah it would definitely benefit you to at least check out the MX Master. Here's a really in depth review for it. Much more detailed than I'm willing to go right now.

https://mikesmice.com/mx-master-review/

Sweet little website you linked there, guy makes some good points. Thanks for the heads up there too. 

On 2/26/2017 at 10:24 AM, K352 said:

True but if youre into competitive fps gaming the lag and laser sensor kick in.I use the MX Master but when I try to use my brothers fk1 my pinky joint hurts alot because I like pinky space.

Of course, I would only recommend it for light gaming, productivity and general use.

I quite like my Logitech G600, but I never use the 12 buttons on the side anymore, it was the "Diablo 3 with busted left hand" mouse. The ring finger button (which gives those 12 buttons i don't use another set of 12 functions) makes for quite a comfortable grip in my opinion.

I can't use it in WoW to save my life (god help me if my Steelseries Merc Stealth ever dies on me), I suppose if I actually worked at a computer I could see it useful for copy/ paste/ etc macros.

RAT 9... There are downsides to it however. This is an old mouse and at the time there was no other zero latency wireless mouse. The battery life sucks balls. I get maybe 3-4 hours out of a charge before having to swap batteries (there's two of them, and the spare rests in the charger while you're playing.) What makes saitek's RAT range interesting is the fact that it's adjustable for any hand size, or shape.

You pay for what I still consider good, but no longer the best, but at the time it was worth it, and it's still a damn good mouse 3 years after I bought it.