Just oxidation?

So cleaning my entire system as I'm going to be vertically mounting my new GPU when it gets here (Will also post pics of that as well. drilling into my inwin 808 case and it should be rather sick). Anyways! Cleaning the loop... Gone for a good 18 months or so without a cleaning? It was running distilled water and a few drops of PT Nuke. This is the inside of my rad. I've alread let it soak with 4 parts distilled water and 1 part white vinegar with 5% acidity for 2 hours before rinsing out with distilled boiling water a good 5 times. So yea, this is what the inside walls look like. Upon flushing the rad, I got ZERO gunk coming out... I mean the odd black spec here and there which looks like flux but I mean, I got no significant deposits coming out at all... so am I good? All pics online of oxidation look black but this seems more brown? Just to experiment, I scratched the inside with a nail, just to see how easy this stuff is to remove. You can see the scratch so yea, whatever this is comes off relatively easy. The fittings have it as well and I was able to scrape it off with my fingernail. So yup, all you veterans who've done this before, please, give me your knowledge and thoughts =)

IGDpq9W.jpgpl5avyP.jpg

corrosion.

oxidation, I want you to think about that for a minute.......................

3 minutes ago, 227167_1454181677 said:

-SNIP-

Is it slippy like soap or slimey if so you may have some growth but it looks like oxidization to me, if you want to get rid of it you can use a diluted vinegar solution to clean the rads. 

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

corrosion.

oxidation, I want you to think about that for a minute.......................

Water = H2O. Two Oxygen atoms. Water can oxidise substances.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Is it slippy like soap or slimey if so you may have some growth but it looks like oxidization to me, if you want to get rid of it you can use a diluted vinegar solution to clean the rads. 

It is not slippery. And nah, to be honest, If it -is- just oxidation, I'm not too concerned. Tons of people online say it's not really anything to worry about. I'd just like to be sure that is what I'm dealing with is all. 

Just now, 227167_1454181677 said:

It is not slippery. And nah, to be honest, If it -is- just oxidation, I'm not too concerned. Tons of people online say it's not really anything to worry about. I'd just like to be sure that is what I'm dealing with is all. 

It's best to give it a hard rinse and clean to ensure nothing comes off as those small particles can clog a block if they get dislodged.

5 minutes ago, Lazmarr said:

Water = H2O. Two Oxygen atoms. Water can oxidise substances.

It has to do with the dissolved oxygen in the fluid more so than the H2O molecule as those react readily with any metals. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It's best to give it a hard rinse and clean to ensure nothing comes off as those small particles can clog a block if they get dislodged.

It has to do with the dissolved oxygen in the fluid more so than the H2O molecule as those react readily with any metals. 

Alright. Well, I think I might give it one more soak with the vinegar and the water solution just to be SUPER safe, and then obviously flush with distilled to ensure none of that acid is left behind. I mean that's more or less all there is to do, right? Sidenote, I can see the thin passage ways that lead all the way down the unit from the inside and nothing is blocking those ports in the slightest. They all look completely fine, it's just the fact that this coloring is going on. Anyways, that's what I'll do unless someone rushes in and tells me otherwise =P 

Just now, 227167_1454181677 said:

Alright. Well, I think I might give it one more soak with the vinegar and the water solution just to be SUPER safe, and then obviously flush with distilled to ensure none of that acid is left behind. I mean that's more or less all there is to do, right? Sidenote, I can see the thin passage ways that lead all the way down the unit from the inside and nothing is blocking those ports in the slightest. They all look completely fine, it's just the fact that this coloring is going on. Anyways, that's what I'll do unless someone rushes in and tells me otherwise =P 

Personally I recommend to give it half a dozen rinses with tap water to ensure it knocks anything out and really clear it out and remove the vinegar solution before giving it a couple of final rinses with distilled to clear out anything left inside. As for the sideports that sounds normal, they should be open and free of debris.