Worth getting a UPS?

Dubesta11
Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,
Just now, Dubesta11 said:

Not that I know of, I recently moved into an Apartment and need to work on dealing with all my cables for my computers (about 8). I felt it would be a good idea to get one for the computer, but I might just get one for my router and get decent power strips for the computer.

get a antisurge strip 

I was thinking about picking up a UPS for my gaming desktop. It has an i7-6700k overclocked to 4.8Ghz at around 1.33 volts and a GTX 1060 at 2.1GHz. Other than that, I run SSDs, a WD green HDD, and 5 fans. What UPS size would be sufficient for this computer?

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Your thread was moved to the Cases & PSU section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

depends, does your power go out often? 

Not that I know of, I recently moved into an Apartment and need to work on dealing with all my cables for my computers (about 8). I felt it would be a good idea to get one for the computer, but I might just get one for my router and get decent power strips for the computer.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Just now, Dubesta11 said:

get a antisurge strip 

25 minutes ago, Dubesta11 said:

you are aware of that a UPS will add even more cables and not help with the cables at all?

if you power doesnt go out a number of times where it would matter you dont need to spend money on an UPS, not for your computer and also not for your router.

If the power fails so hard that more than just your building is effected the chances are rather high your router will not be able to connect even if it has power.