Ryzen 3 & 5 launch rumor

Devin92

"Why isn't AMD outperforming Intel?!" "OMG why isn't AMD releasing cheap products beat by Intel?!!"

12 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

How do you know the R3 will be about as fast as the i5?

It won't be.
So far as we've seen Ryzen is about 8-ish% slower than Kabylake/Skylake.
But that's ok because, for that 8% deficit, it's considerably cheaper than Kabylake/Skylake i5s.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

On 25/02/2017 at 3:12 PM, Memories4K said:

I'm not liking how much AMD seems to be *copying* Intel.
SMT is fine, it's practical and learning from your competitors to make a better, more competitive, product isn't bad.
But the naming scheme bothers me because it's so confusing, i3/i5/i7 aren't standards; i3/i5/i7 are Intel's own branding of tiers, it means nothing outside of Intel.
I wish AMD would've gone R4/R6/R8 because at least then the numbers would make sense to AMD, illustrating the number of cores in each tier.

the thing is that for non tech people its easier if the naming is similar, i for intel R for amd

On 25/2/2017 at 8:08 AM, huilun02 said:

AMD is releasing the R7 first because they know we don't need a 8c16t CPU for games.

They'll make money off impatient people first. And later the better value options.

The lower core lineup may even offer better per core performance and lower TDP because well... less cores to worry about.

The R3's could theoretically have half the power consumption and heat output, and OC potential could be amazeballs.

Also the price... R3 is cheaper than R5, which is cheaper than the 1700, which is already cheaper than Intel's mainstream i7... for 4c8t

you do realise that people use their PC for other things than gaming, right? So some of those "impatient" people actually have a need for CPU with 8c16t. Yes there will be people buying a R7 even though they don't need a 8c16t CPU, but then again I don't see many that actually benefit from a 8c16t CPU to buy a R7 simply because the motherboards are crap compared to the offerings on the Intel side.

Then again there are quite a few games that can use 8 cores, if a game uses any of these engines then it can use 8 cores: Unreal Engine 4, Frostbite 3, CryEngine 3, Civilization game engine and Nitrous Engin. Ofc with DX12 we are going to see many AAA titles that can utilize 8 cores, though from what I have seen then 6 cores seems to be the sweet spot for DX12. 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

The series that will exceed the most requirements is the top of the line CPUs, which is naturally the most expensive ones that will net them the most profit. So AMD will make as much profit from the people who don't need 8c16t but are too impatient to wait for the 6 and 4 core products. Just like how each new generation of GPUs are launched.

Reviews pls

Yes there will be people buying a r7 that doesn't need it, but let's not forget that there will be people who can benefit from the r7.

You don't really need reviews to see that the best AM4 board is equal to a mid-range intel board, which isn't going to satisfy the people who are actually serious, they won't buy a mid-range board for what is an enthusiast CPU, they want a high-quality motherboard that is over built and great for OCing.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

You don't really need reviews to see that the best AM4 board is equal to a mid-range intel board, which isn't going to satisfy the people who are actually serious, they won't buy a mid-range board for what is an enthusiast CPU, they want a high-quality motherboard that is over built and great for OCing.

More info on this?
Why are AM4 MOBOs only equal to mid-range LGA1151 boards?

Just now, Memories4K said:

More info on this?
Why are AM4 MOBOs only equal to mid-range LGA1151 boards?

One of the best boards for AM4 is an Asus Crosshair VI Hero and then look at Asus's lineup a Hero is a mid range board, you can even look at AM3+, there a Formula and Extreme which are both above a Hero in the lineup.

Just now, Dackzy said:

One of the best boards for AM4 is an Asus Crosshair VI Hero and then look at Asus's lineup a Hero is a mid range board, you can even look at AM3+, there a Formula and Extreme which are both above a Hero in the lineup.

Hero's considered mid-range?

Isn't there going to be an MSI Titanium board on release?
I had heard through the grapevine there would be.

28 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Hero's considered mid-range?

Isn't there going to be an MSI Titanium board on release?
I had heard through the grapevine there would be.

Yes Hero is looked at as a mid-range board, it wouldn't make much sense to call a Hero a high-end board when Asus ROG at least have two boards above it.

From what I have seen then the Titanium seems to be on the same level as the Hero or very close. 

The Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming is more interesting to me at least, with 5Gb/s lan and 16 Power Phase design