Which phone should I get?

IoWii

Hello everyone!

Need some help here, recently my OpO's screen broke and half of my touchscreen doesnt work anymore._. . So I decided i'll buy a new phone, im buying second hand as I dont have really that much money to spend, going for bang for the buck. The most I care about is camera and battery life, performance with these is almost the same for daily use... Currently im looking at a few phones: 

• Iphone 6+ (295eur)
  • Nexus 6p (340eur)
  • OnePlus One  64GB (150eur, with a bunch of cases and stuff) [not sure about this one as the guy is meeting some1 next week

And yes, I like big phones hehe

6p is awesome, my daily driver

6+ is old also has bending issue 

one plus one is old also no support 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

6p is awesome, my daily driver

6+ is old also has bending issue 

one plus one is old also no support 

Yeah the 6p is really looking like the best one but iphone is 50 bucks cheaper, I doubt i would bend it, not really the type of guy to not care about his phone. What do you mean OpO has no support? I got an update last week for it and i was on a custom 7.1.1.

nexus 6p is good but the SoC is troublesome. it gets hot quickly. if you're in a cold climate thats fine, but hotter climates performance and lifetime suffers considerably. 

Nexus, but if you could grab a OnePlus Three that would be your best bet. Those are new and amazing.

1 minute ago, IoWii said:

Yeah the 6p is really looking like the best one but iphone is 50 bucks cheaper, I doubt i would bend it, not really the type of guy to not care about his phone. What do you mean OpO has no support? I got an update last week for it and i was on a custom 7.1.1.

its official rom support is shrinking, its a old phone. the nexus is a google device so all drivers are released to the public, the galaxy nexus has android 7.1.1 roms. 

1 minute ago, tlink said:

nexus 6p is good but the SoC is troublesome. it gets hot quickly. if you're in a cold climate thats fine, but hotter climates performance and lifetime suffers considerably. 

not really, unless you game all the time, the cpu has no problem. i usually only get 2 days of use out of mine. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not really, unless you game all the time, the cpu has no problem. i usually only get 2 days of use out of mine. 

yea but it does throttle quickly. like i said the SoC is known to be troublesome, phonemanufacturers avoided it because of that and oneplus downclocked the cpu because of it.

7 minutes ago, tlink said:

yea but it does throttle quickly. like i said the SoC is known to be troublesome, phonemanufacturers avoided it because of that and oneplus downclocked the cpu because of it.

Yeah read a few articles about that but I dont really game so thats not an issue for me. But will try to get a few more opinions in before i make the decision.

14 minutes ago, puttdawgalicious said:

Nexus, but if you could grab a OnePlus Three that would be your best bet. Those are new and amazing.

Yeah I would buy the OnePlus 3, if they wouldnt remove it from the store since the OnePlus 3T came out. My friend has it and its really an amazing phone but I dont see the point of paying 440(without shipping) bucks for the OnePlus 3T which at the end is 120 bucks more than the Nexus 6P and they perform almost the same. Had the 3T and the 3 in my hands and they are literally the same when me and my friends tried some perfomance stuff.

26 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

You live in Canada. Hotter climates doesn't apply to you.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just went for the Nexus 6p, meeting the guy today, any stuff i should look for?

17 minutes ago, IoWii said:

Just went for the Nexus 6p, meeting the guy today, any stuff i should look for?

from what i know the 6p doesn't have many issues. just look for the usual stuff

play a youtube video. call from it to test the speakers and mics, do a couple of test photos, put your sim card in.

you can also try to look for burn-ins in the screen by maxing the brightness and looking at a white picture. it's almost useless to do this because todays amoled screens are much improved but it's better to be safe than sorry

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

7 hours ago, ciprian97pop said:

from what i know the 6p doesn't have many issues. just look for the usual stuff

play a youtube video. call from it to test the speakers and mics, do a couple of test photos, put your sim card in.

you can also try to look for burn-ins in the screen by maxing the brightness and looking at a white picture. it's almost useless to do this because todays amoled screens are much improved but it's better to be safe than sorry

Yeah checked all that, and I bought it, damn the display is amazing, really a big diff between my OpO and this. Loving it so far. Thanks for the help everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23.02.2017 at 6:26 PM, IoWii said:

Yeah checked all that, and I bought it, damn the display is amazing, really a big diff between my OpO and this. Loving it so far. Thanks for the help everyone.

glad  you like it

you know how they say; once you go (amoled) black, you never go back ;)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb