Dorming

Gyawdyr

hello

so i told my grandparents that i am not going to continue to dorm for the last 2 years of college and so they offered to pay because they do not want me to drive too much (they are quite the protective ones).

but i really do not want to take $25K from them especially since they gave me $40K for college already.....

they worked their butts off making their money and i really don't want to take anymore from them but they are insisting that i dorm.

they would likely be mad if i don't dorm... ://///

any advice? 

8 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

hello

so i told my grandparents that i am not going to continue to dorm for the last 2 years of college and so they offered to pay because they do not want me to drive too much (they are quite the protective ones).

but i really do not want to take $25K from them especially since they gave me $40K for college already.....

they worked their butts off making their money and i really don't want to take anymore from them but they are insisting that i dorm.

any advice? 

What do you need $25K for? You just need to rent an apartment, yeah? Must be NYC or Vancouver if it costs $25K to rent an apartment for 2 years of college.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

latest?cb=20070531163016

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

10 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

hello

any advice? 

Parents dont mind paying for college and helping there kids have a good life well a lot of parents would want to either pay for college, technical training school, or enable their child to learn the skills on their own if they had the money. If I had the money I'd want to do the same. Just dont take it for granted and make the most out of your education!

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

What do you need $25K for? You just need to rent an apartment, yeah? Must be NYC or Vancouver if it costs $25K to rent an apartment for 2 years of college.

University of Hawaii is $12.5K ish per year for dorm and mandatory meal plan

1 hour ago, Gyawdyr said:

University of Hawaii is $12.5K ish per year for dorm and mandatory meal plan

Yeah but Hawaii isn't exactly typical US pricing, I'd say.

Plus, I didn't say dorm. I said apartment. I bet it'd be a lot cheaper to rent a local Hawaiian apartment.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah but Hawaii isn't exactly typical US pricing, I'd say.

Plus, I didn't say dorm. I said apartment. I bet it'd be a lot cheaper to rent a local Hawaiian apartment.

yeah...but i said dorm. the whole point about them paying for me is because they don't want me driving too far from my house, hence the dorm. 

9 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

yeah...but i said dorm. the whole point about them paying for me is because they don't want me driving too far from my house, hence the dorm. 

So I'm confused as to what your OP is about, at this point.

You don't want to live in the dorm anymore?

So what do you want to do? Move back home and commute to school? Or get an apartment by yourself? Or get an apartment with friends as roommates? Or quit school completely because you don't like the dorm?