A Replacement for Project Valerie or the Next Kickfarted? (Probably Both!)

neoxid501

Slide N Joy on Kickstarter

My friends, let me introduce you to the Slide N Joy! A product that bares a striking resemblance to Razer's Project Valerie and umm... other less streamlined solutions. However, at least the latter is obtainable NOW as it appears the Slide N Joy (a product I was following but didn't back) has fallen to the very common ailment of being a Kickfarter and failing to deliver anything at all! Supposedly they have a final working prototype, but consider Razer already has their's working I don't really see what the hold up is. To be fair their product is meant to me an easy mod on to ANY laptop, but they've had quite a while to iron out the kinks no?

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well I think we found who took the laptop at CES

for the two people who wants to but them. 

I'm starting to believe that Razer not only showed off non working prototype, but got the media attention by faking a theft, just to have other small people actually create the technology, they either buy it out or copy it for free...

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

5 minutes ago, Kevo05s said:

I'm starting to believe that Razer not only showed off non working prototype, but got the media attention by faking a theft, just to have other small people actually create the technology, they either buy it out or copy it for free...

In Linus's video, he was playing Battlefield 1 on Project Valerie with all three screens, so it was clearly working.

It could've been faked, seeing as Razer would be up in arms about it, and they aren't.  Plus, it hasn't been found yet.

I would like to point out for you guys that  the Slide n Joy's estimated delivery date was December 2015

They were working on this way before Razer

7 hours ago, lilbman said:

In Linus's video, he was playing Battlefield 1 on Project Valerie with all three screens, so it was clearly working.

It could've been faked, seeing as Razer would be up in arms about it, and they aren't.  Plus, it hasn't been found yet.

My non working prototype was meant on how to fold them, as Razer said to linus not to touch it because it was barely hanging

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM