Almost 4 months in, my evga 1070 hasn't blown up yet

Si3Rra_7
Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

Jay shows you how it's done.:)

Bought it late October , literally 2 days before the news came in about the evga 1070 ftw edition having a flaw in it's cooling design. Since then i've played countless hours of games with gpu pinned at 100% for up to 6 hours at a time. No smoke no overheating. I don't have case fans other than one in the front (although there are hdd cages between the fan and the gpu) and the side panel off. I did order the free thermal pads from EVGA's website in november but they arrived a couple weeks ago(since i live in this shitland called Romania). I'm not entirely sure i want to install them since i've had no problems until now and i'm very scared of opening my gpu and installing them( even though i'm sure i can do it). What should i do ? Would it be ok to leave it as is and if i have any problems just claim warranty on it ?

2 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Do what you feel comfortable with, and nothing more, but nothing less.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I'd install them, that way you don't have to worry about it dying anymore

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

33 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Jay shows you how it's done.:)

Very helpful , i might actually do it if it's easy enough thanks ?