New PC powers on, but there is no video.

linkington

So, I decided to build my own PC. I have a Gigabyte G1.Sniper b7 motherboard, an Intel i7 7700K cpu, a corsair 850RMI psu, 32gb of Corsair 2133MHz memory, a Samsung 950 pro M.2 ssd, and a 2tb Western Digital Black Drive. Everything is plugged in (I think) and when I press the power button the lights and fans turn on, but there is no video being sent to the monitor. I'm using the onboard video without another video card plugged in. Any suggestions for a noob such as myself?

Are you getting any beep codes from the system when powering up?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Its an Asus VE278, but I also tried it on my tv with the same results.

4 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Whats the Monitor?

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Are you getting any beep codes from the system when powering up?

None what-so-ever.

Which port are you using?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Which port are you using?

I am using the HDMI port on the Motherboard, I did also try the DVI port and it still didn't work.

16 minutes ago, linkington said:

So, I decided to build my own PC. I have a Gigabyte G1.Sniper b7 motherboard, an Intel i7 7700K cpu, a corsair 850RMI psu, 32gb of Corsair 2133MHz memory, a Samsung 950 pro M.2 ssd, and a 2tb Western Digital Black Drive. Everything is plugged in (I think) and when I press the power button the lights and fans turn on, but there is no video being sent to the monitor. I'm using the onboard video without another video card plugged in. Any suggestions for a noob such as myself?

maybe check to see that the monitor is looking for a signal from the right input.  sometimes my screens wont detect the only active input and i have to change it manually.  Since you arent using a GPU the only outputs should be the active ones on the motherboard.

Can you send me a picture of your desktop pc. Like the inside of it. Preferably thru messages but here is fine

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

1 minute ago, Numbafieve said:

maybe check to see that the monitor is looking for a signal from the right input.  sometimes my screens wont detect the only active input and i have to change it manually.  Since you arent using a GPU the only outputs should be the active ones on the motherboard.

I tried that, with 2 different ports. Still wouldn't work.

7 minutes ago, linkington said:

None what-so-ever.

If it's not giving any beep codes (provided you've actually plugged in a beeper speaker to the F-PANEL I/O), that means your system is failing to post. Which is why you're not getting anything outputed. Start by disconnecting all drives and only booting with the CPU and one stick of memory installed. Clear the CMOS. Then keep trying to boot with a combination of RAM sticks installed in different configurations.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

3 minutes ago, xDylanio said:

Can you send me a picture of your desktop pc. Like the inside of it. Preferably thru messages but here is fine

IMG_0743.JPG

If it's not giving any beep codes (provided you've actually plugged in a beeper speaker to the F-PANEL I/O), that means your system is failing to post. Which is why you're not getting anything outputed. Start by disconnecting all drives and only booting with the CPU and one stick of memory installed. Clear the CMOS. Then keep trying to boot with a combination of RAM sticks installed in different configurations.

My motherboard didn't come with a beeper speaker.

1 minute ago, linkington said:

My motherboard didn't come with a beeper speaker.

What about your case, does it have a beeper speaker included?

What about your case, does it have a beeper speaker included?

It did not.

7 minutes ago, linkington said:

It did not.

you could possibly get a small LED and touch the two wires to the pins on the motherboard where the speaker would go.  it would just flash instead of beep but could still be helpful here

2 minutes ago, Numbafieve said:

you could possibly get a small LED and touch the two wires to the pins on the motherboard where the speaker would go.  it would just flash instead of beep but could still be helpful here

Where would that go?

11 minutes ago, linkington said:

Where would that go?

I cant zoom in enough to see the front panel pins but it should be 2 of the pins somewhere where the power on, HD LED and such go.  In fact now that i think about it we could probably hook up the HD activity LED to the beeper one and do exactly what i was thinking before.  its just a matter of finding the right pins for the beeper

It should be able to hook up to 2 of those little pins.  there is a + and - side so its possible to get them backwards and nothing happens with the LED.  sorry i couldnt tell you exactly but i cant find it in the manual anywhere.

MBE.png

Edited by Numbafieve

22 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I just tried that and nothing changed.

15 minutes ago, Numbafieve said:

I cant zoom in enough to see the front panel pins but it should be 2 of the pins somewhere where the power on, HD LED and such go.  In fact now that i think about it we could probably hook up the HD activity LED to the beeper one and do exactly what i was thinking before.  its just a matter of finding the right pins for the beeper

It should be able to hook up to 2 of those little pins.  there is a + and - side so its possible to get them backwards and nothing happens with the LED.  sorry i couldnt tell you exactly but i cant find it in the manual anywhere.

MBE.png

Which one would be for the beeper?

4 minutes ago, linkington said:

Which one would be for the beeper?

Thats the part i dont know.  If i had the motherboard here i could probably find it but i dont...  my motherboard is a turd OEM one so i dont even have a good idea exactly which pins it is.  if you still have the user manual for the motherboard id look at that under "front panel connectors" or something like that

5 minutes ago, linkington said:

eWhich one would be for the beeper?

It's in the manual for your motherboard. From reading it, it should be the four pins coloured Orange.

Thats the part i dont know.  If i had the motherboard here i could probably find it but i dont...  my motherboard is a turd OEM one so i dont even have a good idea exactly which pins it is.  if you still have the user manual for the motherboard id look at that under "front panel connectors" or something like that

okay, the  manual says its the 4 orange pins with positive and negative being the 2 outside pins. the hdd light is a joint plug, could i use the power led instead? (its a split plug)

4 minutes ago, linkington said:

okay, the  manual says its the 4 orange pins with positive and negative being the 2 outside pins. the hdd light is a joint plug, could i use the power led instead? (its a split plug)

whatever you can get to fit really.  and then its a guessing game on which ones it is.  Its possible that something else is wrong too but this is a good start.  If the led flashes once and thats it it should mean that its booting, otherwise if its more than just one flash there is a problem 

whatever you can get to fit really.  and then its a guessing game on which ones it is.  Its possible that something else is wrong too but this is a good start.  If the led flashes once and thats it it should mean that its booting, otherwise if its more than just one flash there is a problem 

I just ordered a motherboard speaker. I'm just going to wait till it gets here and I'll go from there. Thanks for all the help!