Toshiba Satellite Pro 435CDS Gaming Laptop review

Lil Chillbil

So after using this laptop for the past 2 weeks I gotta say I like it, one Issue though is it lack of built in wifi so if you are thinking about picking up one refurb you will need to upgrade to windows 2000 from the stock 98 in order to get a wifi card to work. Other than that little issue I have been able to get some good work done with this laptop. Took it in the car several times and sat in on my lap and it does get a bit warm so if you plan to game while on a road trip for example I would bring a cooling pad. another issue that i'm not sure if its just my model but when I connect it to my 128k broadband modem it only see's it as 56k which causes some social networks like America Online to stutter when uploading photos larger that 128x240 like those taken by my digicam

$(KGrHqYOKiwE15Rlp1Z3BNmlKLE+DQ~~_35.JPG

Overall I give it a 7/10 it will handle most AAA titles coming out this holiday season like the new 007 nightfire and Daggerfall Game

I also made a video review of this laptop where I show you guys my thoughts on what toshiba has brought to the table compared to other models. Fair warn if you do plan on using your computer for a while I would consider waiting to see if toshiba announces a pentium III version but otherwise go for it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-qhBhxn6Y8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUNucC7z-NhjhVg3R81Ud3MQ

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

@Lil Chillbil I didn't know goodwill sold computers. Are there any good ones like this or keyboards like the Model M or older Macs and PCs? Also great in dept review. But I see you're not very good at doom with a nipple.

Quote me to get a reply!

@Lil Chillbil I didn't know goodwill sold computers. Are there any good ones like this or keyboards like the Model M or older Macs and PCs? Also great in dept review. But I see you're not very good at doom with a nipple.

yeah they sell tons of old macs, very old pc's up to pentium d's all for around $5 

#KilledMyWife 

yeah they sell tons of old macs, very old pc's up to pentium d's all for around $5 

May hit up my local goodwill with my dad. :P I'm not sure how he would react. Probably won't take me anytime soon.

Quote me to get a reply!

So after using this laptop for the past 2 weeks I gotta say I like it, one Issue though is it lack of built in wifi so if you are thinking about picking up one refurb you will need to upgrade to windows 2000 from the stock 98 in order to get a wifi card to work. Other than that little issue I have been able to get some good work done with this laptop. Took it in the car several times and sat in on my lap and it does get a bit warm so if you plan to game while on a road trip for example I would bring a cooling pad. another issue that i'm not sure if its just my model but when I connect it to my 128k broadband modem it only see's it as 56k which causes some social networks like America Online to stutter when uploading photos larger that 128x240 like those taken by my digicam

$(KGrHqYOKiwE15Rlp1Z3BNmlKLE+DQ~~_35.JPG

Overall I give it a 7/10 it will handle most AAA titles coming out this holiday season like the new 007 nightfire and Daggerfall Game

I also made a video review of this laptop where I show you guys my thoughts on what toshiba has brought to the table compared to other models. Fair warn if you do plan on using your computer for a while I would consider waiting to see if toshiba announces a pentium III version but otherwise go for it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-qhBhxn6Y8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUNucC7z-NhjhVg3R81Ud3MQ

Out of all honesty, I don't understand why you reviewed this now, it seems very old to me.  I might seem like a noob, but I really don't understand sorry 

Out of all honesty, I don't understand why you reviewed this now, it seems very old to me.  I might seem like a noob, but I really don't understand sorry 

pretty much for retro/hobbyist and collectors who want to know what cool little electronics to buy next. Then I go and make the reviews like they are still new to joke around and such 

#KilledMyWife