99% memory in use

Defiled

So lately my computer seems to be using a lot of memory (RAM).. around 50 to 99% on Idle / browsing web, I am unable to find out what the culprit is using task manager and RAMMap.

Also noticed that this happens relatively often after i turn my computer on after I put it to sleep

I have experienced no blue screens and have no virusses, do you guys have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Windows 10 Pro

version 1607

Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 TI SuperClocked + ACX 2.0+
Processor: I7-6700K @ 4.6GHZ
Power Supply: Cooler Master 750W Bronze Edition
Random Access Memory: 16 GB @ 2666 DDR4
Motherboard: Z170A GAMING M7
Water Cooler: KRAKEN x61 || Corsair H110i extreme cooler <- DEAD
Computer Case: Coolermaster Stryker XL Tower
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB

helps.jpg

Why would google chrome help? Firefox is not the culprit as the memory it's using is no were near 16GB and even turning off firefox still keeps it close to 16GB

6 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Try goggle chrome, and check for bloat/maleware.

The days of a lightweight Chrome are gone. It's the biggest resource hog out of all the popular browsers. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Theres only like 2 gigabytes of RAM on this system and its only 26% in use with chrome running.

OPtion 1:clear cmos

OP 2:reinstall the window

OP 3:malware check (most likely)

OP 4:do NOTHING and watch how to basic to how to fix a computer(maybe)(*V*b) 

3 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Theres only like 2 gigabytes of RAM on this system and its only 26% in use with chrome running.

What are you talking about? it clearly says 16GB.

-oh my bad misread.

4 minutes ago, Defiled said:

Why would google chrome help? Firefox is not the culprit as the memory it's using is no were near 16GB and even turning off firefox still keeps it close to 16GB

Firefox and google chrome I believe open new processes for each tab, I know gc does. Try closing Firefox. (What i noticed is that gc keeps the pages in ram instead of keeping them loaded up like Firefox making CPU load and lag higher.) if closing Firefox doesn't work, change the start up programs, change them all to off, restart the computer and check task manager again. If you see the ram hog still, idk. If you dont then it's one of the start up programs. Then if it's one of the start ups, start them one by one and then close them and see which uses the most ram. That's what I'd do. But I have plenty of ram, even tho chrome uses 15.6GB, but I have 200 tabs open constantly.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The days of a lightweight Chrome are gone. It's the biggest resource hog out of all the popular browsers. 

But, chrome is by far the most powerful, and chrome is ram heavy, not CPU heavy unlike Firefox. And chrome is less prone to lag when lots of tabs are open, unlike all the other browsers, not sure about edge tho.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

one more thing :DELETE THE AVAST PROGRAM PLS. IT IS EATTING THE RAM .

i use it ONCE on my old rig .after install,my old rig crashed

1 minute ago, lawmen2002 said:

*Trigger upvote spam clicker*

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, lawmen2002 said:

Noo not my avast :(, going to do another malware scan and if that doesnt' help ill probably just reinstall my windows

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

But, chrome is by far the most powerful, and chrome is ram heavy, not CPU heavy unlike Firefox. And chrome is less prone to lag when lots of tabs are open, unlike all the other browsers, not sure about edge tho.

This thread is about high RAM usage. Running a RAM heavy program isn't going to fix it. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Defiled said:

Noo not my avast :(, going to do another malware scan and if that doesnt' help ill probably just reinstall my windows

Who the fuck needs virus protection, I have run any in years and I've been fine, every now and then I open up malware bytes, it usually catches more anyway.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

This thread is about high RAM usage. Running a RAM heavy program isn't going to fix it. 

The post above that one addressed the things.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

window defender is the best of the best (OVObbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb)

While I consider Avast to be the best AV program, none of them are perfect. Try temporarily installing Malware Bytes and running a boot scan. 

I wonder if the sleep mode is somehow not clearing the ram properly..

I wonder if the sleep mode is somehow not clearing the ram properly..

what?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Who the fuck needs virus protection, I have run any in years and I've been fine, every now and then I open up malware bytes, it usually catches more anyway.

I burst out laughing at this. You obviously need some real time protection if Malwarebytes is finding them. 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I burst out laughing at this. You obviously need some real time protection if Malwarebytes is finding them. 

I run malware bytes every now and then, like every half year, and it usually finds nothing, but when it does find something in my experience AV didn't.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

what?

well, when I reboot my computer the ram is fine, but when i put my computer to sleep a few times after a while the ram increases so much that it affects the performance, I wonder if the sleep is the culprit.. hmm.

well, when I reboot my computer the ram is fine, but when i put my computer to sleep a few times after a while the ram increases so much that it affects the performance, I wonder if the sleep is the culprit.. hmm.

I've never put my computer to sleep unless I accidentally hit the key on an extra keyboard so I can get into bios. So it probably is, try not putting it to sleep and go about the day normally. Also why do you put it to sleep?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've never put my computer to sleep unless I accidentally hit the key on an extra keyboard so I can get into bios. So it probably is, try not putting it to sleep and go about the day normally. Also why do you put it to sleep?

In the past I never had an ssd so I always did it.. guess it became a habit

2 minutes ago, Defiled said:

In the past I never had an ssd so I always did it.. guess it became a habit

Oh, rip you. And makes a little bit more sense, but unless I'm overclocking or I need to cycle I don't turn my computer off. I'm too lazy, and I use it as an alarm at night.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler