Samsung holds 63% of ALL Android market share

TopWargamer

O.o i woulda thought like 30%....

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Now this puts into perspective why HTC are deciding to bow out of the premium side of phones...

That is way more than I thought, but I guess I am not too surprised cuz most of my friends with droids have an S3 or S4. But the amount of advertising that I see by them is crazy.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

HTC isn't holding up well and this is why. Hopefully sony can do a good job with pushing a flagship smart phone in the US well next year. LG will be competing with samsung over curved phones.

Thats because they made one design and made different sized screens and made 100 different phone dammit! They have so many phones, the whole store is Samsung... 

I'm not surprised, they're products are consistently good and of the people I know, the majority of Android users have Samsung, obviously that's a small sample size but it's a good representation of the masses.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Really funny that Other is more than the other brands. Maybe its a bunch of small brands like Lenovo. Think this is pretty true because I see most people around my school all carrying Samsung Android devices if they aren't carrying iPhones lol.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Really funny that Other is more than the other brands. Maybe its a bunch of small brands like Lenovo. Think this is pretty true because I see most people around my school all carrying Samsung Android devices if they aren't carrying iPhones lol.

probably a lot of Chinese brands make up the others

More proof for my "Apple and Samsung OWN the mobile segment" comments. :P