Need a CPU under 70 dollars

IcyLetters

So my grandparents need a computer in their house for basic internet browsing and word processing. I am going to be using Linux Mint since Windows is expensive AF for a cheap build. That's basically all it needs to do. I just need to figure out a CPU to use that is cheap. Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, IcyLetters said:

So my grandparents need a computer in their house for basic internet browsing and word processing. I am going to be using Linux Mint since Windows is expensive AF for a cheap build. That's basically all it needs to do. I just need to figure out a CPU to use that is cheap. Thanks in advance

Pentium g4560 will be more than enough and is pretty cheap.

That is the reason I am asking. It went off sale and is now like 120 bucks. I am going to be using Amazon :/  I know I shouldn't but for some fucking reason my parents only trust Amazon so there is that. I found this though https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Pentium-Processor-FC-LGA14C-BX80662G4500/dp/B015VPX190/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1487282966&sr=8-3&keywords=pentium+g4560

2 minutes ago, IcyLetters said:

That is the reason I am asking. It went off sale and is now like 120 bucks. I am going to be using Amazon :/  I know I shouldn't but for some fucking reason my parents only trust Amazon so there is that. I found this though https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Pentium-Processor-FC-LGA14C-BX80662G4500/dp/B015VPX190/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1487282966&sr=8-3&keywords=pentium+g4560

I mean, it will work. not as well as the one with hyperthreading, but general tasks is what pentiums were built for.

1 minute ago, IcyLetters said:

That will still do the job for basic web browsing. If you can buy off of newegg or other sites however you can get the g4560 for basically the same price tho.

Yeah good point. I will look on Newegg for other parts. I mainly just want the parts to come at once so I don't have a half built pc laying around for the cat to mess with.

Okay thanks everyone I am looking at Newegg and everything is looking to be cheaper than Amazon. I now regret buying from Amazon when I built my PC in June.