Hi

Garygame

Hi, I just joined and I don't have that much experience in computer building but I would really like to do it.

Hello! Well, you just have to watch some tutorials videos on the matter by experienced youtubers\channels, like Techquickie, JayzTwoCents, LinusTechTips ofc, Paul's Hardware, etc. Also ask around here for help, by using the correct subforum in the Computer Hardware section or perhaps New Builds and Planning. 

Also, its useful to read the installation guides included in the box with comnputer peripherals if you ever come close to building one you bought from the store. Welcome :p.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hello! Well, you just have to watch some tutorials videos on the matter by experienced youtubers\channels, like Techquickie, JayzTwoCents, LinusTechTips ofc, Paul's Hardware, etc. Also ask around here for help, by using the correct subforum in the Computer Hardware section or perhaps New Builds and Planning. 

Also, its useful to read the installation guides included in the box with comnputer peripherals if you ever come close to building one you bought from the store. Welcome :p.

Thank you

As VerticalDiscussions said, there are plenty of tutorials to cover every aspect of building, and of course access to the LTT community for any questions you have.

Do you have plans to build a new rig or upgrade an existing PC?

Also, welcome to the forum!

1 minute ago, SirMonti said:

As VerticalDiscussions said, there are plenty of tutorials to cover every aspect of building, and of course access to the LTT community for any questions you have.

Do you have plans to build a new rig or upgrade an existing PC?

Also, welcome to the forum!

For now I will be researching and not building. Mostly because I can't afford to buy the parts.

Just now, Garygame said:

Mostly because I can't afford to buy the parts

lol welcome to the struggle

As you will lean through your research, you can build a decent rig on a budget but the temptation to save for the shiny toys is real

1 minute ago, SirMonti said:

lol welcome to the struggle

As you will lean through your research, you can build a decent rig on a budget but the temptation to save for the shiny toys is real

Yeah! One day...

6 minutes ago, Garygame said:

For now I will be researching and not building. Mostly because I can't afford to buy the parts.

You might not be able to buy the parts now but Ryzens coming so its going to force intel to start getting competitive with their prices. Its a great time to get into PCs.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

You might not be able to buy the parts now but Ryzens coming so its going to force intel to start getting competitive with their prices. Its a great time to get into PCs.

Hope so

1 hour ago, Garygame said:

I spent two years researching my parts (not because I needed to but I wanted to)

I jsut spent months looking at forms like this one, toms hardware and watching youtube tech channels like LTT, Pauls Hardware BitWit Jays2Cents HardwareCanucks to name a few. (LTT's Tech quickie is also a great place to learn about specific things in a few minutes)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25