intel in problems (skylake or ryzen)

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's also easy to point at Intel doing this, but many electronics firms, if they're in the top spot, like to milk their customer base for all they're worth before something else comes along. There have been plenty of case where ATI and AMD have been ahead of their competitors and sold their parts for slightly higher than the expected going rate, only to drop to said going rate when their competitors finally release something. And even for a while when AMD was better than Intel with AMD64, they were charging more than Intel for what was a competitive part. http://www.anandtech.com/show/1745/3

So I'm not quick to point fingers at Intel by virtue of the clean hands doctrine.

i know and yes it is true

6 hours ago, Raen said:

If AMD can get anywhere near Intel's single core processing, it'll be an interesting year. I doubt it though. But Intel could use some competition to promote more innovation. They've stagnated hard.

The Ryzen 7 1700x loses out 3% in single threaded processing to the i7 6900k, and quite a bit more compared to the 7700k. It seems that Intel is still the way to go for purely gaming or light productivity. But if you want a powerful CPU for professional work and heavy  content creation, it looks like Ryzen is the way to go. 

Sad though, I was hoping for the 1700x to compete closer with the 7700k to actually be more viable for gaming. 

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG