Nvidia Control Panel not detecting my SLI bridge?

Ashiella
1 minute ago, App4that said:

Put the EVGA on top if it's a reference, then plug your monitor into the bottom card. 

How do I know if it's a reference? and why the bottom card?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

1 minute ago, Ashiella said:

How do I know if it's a reference? and why the bottom card?

Reverence will have the bottom of the card covered with a windo looking into the cooler made of plexi and a barrel type fan. If it has two open traditional fans then never mind.

With SLI the two cards become one, doesn't matter where you plug the monitor into, other than that card will run 5c hotter. Since the top card will run hotter, you plug into the bottom. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Reverence will have the bottom of the card covered with a windo looking into the cooler made of plexi and a barrel type fan. If it has two open traditional fans then never mind.

With SLI the two cards become one, doesn't matter where you plug the monitor into, other than that card will run 5c hotter. Since the top card will run hotter, you plug into the bottom. 

Should I PM you or keep quoting if moving the card up doesnt work?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Should I PM you or keep quoting if moving the card up doesnt work?

Either or. Been there so happy to help. Quoting me will bump the topic and possible attract the attention of someone else with an idea of what's up so not a bad idea. 

Now the card is undetected by nvidia but device manager sees it. Gpu z detects it saying 8x 2.0 in the full screen tester.

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

Either or. Been there so happy to help. Quoting me will bump the topic and possible attract the attention of someone else with an idea of what's up so not a bad idea. 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit, nvidia detects it now, but says the same thing about no sli bridge..

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Damn. Do you know anyone with a bridge you can borrow? 

No i do not. I got off mine on ebay for 3$ from a very reputable seller... with 75k positive reviews.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, if you have Ashes of the Singularity you can run the multi GPU and see if the second card work. Or set the second card to a Phys X card and play something like Borderlands or another Phys X title and watch to see if the second card works.

Before buying a second bridge I would try flipping the cards too. I don't know of a way to test a bridge. 

Could i try firestrike?

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Well, if you have Ashes of the Singularity you can run the multi GPU and see if the second card work. Or set the second card to a Phys X card and play something like Borderlands or another Phys X title and watch to see if the second card works.

Before buying a second bridge I would try flipping the cards too. I don't know of a way to test a bridge. 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, why are both the cards at 98% load

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Ashiella said:

Also, why are both the cards at 98% load

98% is good. Even in a benchmark like Firestrike. 

3 hours ago, App4that said:

98% is good. Even in a benchmark like Firestrike. 

it was at idle, I closed afterburner and reopened it and it was fixed. But im confused as to why the SLI didnt work.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Ashiella said:

it was at idle, I closed afterburner and reopened it and it was fixed. But im confused as to why the SLI didnt work.

Afterburner has a bug where when hardware profiles change it doesn't know what to do.

The SLI didn't work in Firestrike?

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

5 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Afterburner has a bug where when hardware profiles change it doesn't know what to do.

The SLI didn't work in Firestrike?

No, but it did work as a dedicated PhysX card and in the Physics both cards were at 98-99% usage and I got a funny-ass score for that test

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler