What CPU do i buy? I7 or I5?

Hi there im having troubles wondering weather I buy the I5-7600 Kaby Lake-s or the I7-7700 Kaby Lake-s.

I have 16gb of ram, gtx 1060, new motherboard LGA1151 socket, Noctua NH-D14. 

I play on having 2-3 monitors, 1 for gaming, 1 for messing around on when i'm bored and 1 dedicated to my Xbox. So the problem I'm having is deciding weather or not I even need an I7 or weather it would be smarter to save $200 in my case and by the I5? 

If it helps to know my computer will probably be under medium to slightly heavy workloads thanks.!

The i7 is more Futureproof, so IMO, you should get the i7. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, BloodyWaters said:

Get the i5 it's better suited for the GTX 1060

DUDE THANK YOU but about what I said before about me loving to multi task like watching movies or browsing the internet and stuff while i play some graphics intensive games! will it still give great performance for the tasks without lagging my computer or slowing it down under pressure???

There are rumours that intel is going to be coming out with an i5 with hyperthreading to combat AMD's new stuff. I don't normally put much stock in rumours, but I think in this case, with zen looking so promising, it's entirely possible. That would be a very attractive sweet spot for gaming for you. But again, its a rumour so take it with a grain of salt.

Some games greatly benefit from an i7, others don't. If you plan to upgrade your GPU in the future without upgrading the CPU, it will be convenient to have an i7.

If you can get the price difference between the i5 and i7 small enough, I'd go with the i7.

Maybe wait for Ryzen to release too, to see what it does to Intel's prices.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, MasterLow said:

DUDE THANK YOU but about what I said before about me loving to multi task like watching movies or browsing the internet and stuff while i play some graphics intensive games! will it still give great performance for the tasks without lagging my computer or slowing it down under pressure???

In that case I might splurge a bit on the i7. I think you should be just fine with the i5, but if you want to get higher FPS go for the the i7. 

Edit: or wait for Ryzen

8 minutes ago, MasterLow said:

Hi there im having troubles wondering weather I buy the I5-7600 Kaby Lake-s or the I7-7700 Kaby Lake-s.

I play on having 2-3 monitors, 1 for gaming, 1 for messing around on when i'm bored and 1 dedicated to my Xbox. So the problem I'm having is deciding weather or not I even need an I7 or weather it would be smarter to save $200 in my case and by the I5? 

If it helps to know my computer will probably be under medium to slightly heavy workloads thanks.!

if yr gaming get the i5 as the i7 will only give u around 5 fps 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

5 minutes ago, MasterLow said:

I would say it depends on what you want out of your PC. The i5 can be overclocked and will preform flawlessly with no issue with gaming, while you would want and i7 if you would also want to throw streaming/rendering. The i7 will also last longer beforte needing to be replaced, and will have a better resell value in the future.

3 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Some games greatly benefit from an i7, others don't. If you plan to upgrade your GPU in the future without upgrading the CPU, it will be convenient to have an i7.

If you can get the price difference between the i5 and i7 small enough, I'd go with the i7.

Maybe wait for Ryzen to release too, to see what it does to Intel's prices.

He already has an LGA board so Ryzen is out of question.

10 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

Get the i5 it's better suited for the GTX 1060

Its more budget orientated yes. Nothing wrong with i7 though if the person likes to multitask while gaming ie. watch Twitch streams or Youtube videos.

For pure gamer get i5, no need for i7.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I have an i5, and wish I had bought the i7 - I'm in the same boat as you, heavy multi-tasker.  IMO the i5 is just fine for games, and with the way processors seem to only make small increments in power, the i7 will likely last you several generations of graphics cards.  If you plan on getting into casual video editing, or anything along those lines in the future, the i7 will begin to shine.  We're starting to see games that benefit from the multi-threading as well, which is a trend that will likely continue.

Running multiple tasks on various monitors doesn't run poorly just because you "only" have an i5. I use an i5-6600K and regularly play games while listening to music, chatting in Steam/Origin/Battle.net, using multiple Chrome tabs, and/or Youtube or Netflix. Sometimes—dare I say it?—I even stream or record gameplay with an i5. Just because an i7 theoretically does these things better doesn't mean an equivalent i5 struggles to any noticeable degree.

If you want to game while editing or rendering a video in the background, sure, you'll want as many cores + Hyperthreading + RAM as you can possibly afford.