i7-7700k lower fps ?

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,
4 minutes ago, roberto22197 said:

@done12many2 v28.10 build 1 

6 minutes ago, roberto22197 said:

btw i reset my bios back to stock everything and i didnt touch the voltage this time just left it at "adaptive"  and punched in 4.8 and seems to be much better then the 5 oc in game fps wise 

I think you stabilized your OC better and you're now reaping the benefits.  Congrats!

10 hours ago, roberto22197 said:

@8-Bit Ninja @phongle123 idle temp right now just on here and youtube 123.PNG

I really like how you didn't show core clocks. But I can get enough from this picture. Reset your CMOS, Vcore is not supposed to be .42v. You definitely screwed up your overclock.

how do i show core clock ? sorry im kind of new to oc only been doing it for a few months.

2 minutes ago, roberto22197 said:

look at speed fan under gpu 

why are you showing us gpu temps and spead when this whole post is about your cpu?

i just took a snip of the whole screen. my speed fan just shows all those temps never bothered to change it 

I'm done with this post, last thing I'm going to say. Reset your CMOS see if it makes a difference then began overclocking slowly. You should be getting temps of 60C+ if you don't then you might have damaged your CPU.

37 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Some games will not play nice with an overclocked CPU.

If your CPU is unstable yes, otherwise it doesn't just "not place nice"  if your CPU is stable, there will be no problems CPU related.  

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

2 hours ago, roberto22197 said:

how do i show core clock ? sorry im kind of new to oc only been doing it for a few months.

Download AIDA64.  Run the stress test with CPU, FPU and Cache checked.  Leave everything else unchecked.  Run it for about 30 minutes and post a screen shot of the stress test here.  Try not to capture just the part you want to show people.  If you're worried about someone seeing something personal, just maximize the stress test and then screen capture it.

The CPU temps that you are reporting so far in this thread are definitely lower than they actually are unless you are delidded with a full loop or you computer is hanging out the window on a nice cold night.

If you've been overclocking for a few months, you're not progressing very much so you may want to start reading up more.  :D

BTW, I by no means think that AIDA64 is really stressful at all since it only require a little more voltage than it takes for Windows to load, but it's easy enough to use for a quick check of your temps.

7 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

No, even with a stable overclock, while most will and some doesn't run well with an overclock. This is applicable to GPU's, just because it's stable, doesn't mean every single game will work 100% perfectly. 99.99% > 0.01% a stable over clock will play nice with a CPU/GPU over clock.

If a CPU is stable, it will be no different then running it at stock clocks, but faster.  It really is that simple.  Instability causes the issue, not the overclock itself provided it's a CPU only related issue.  

8 minutes ago, roberto22197 said:

@done12many2 i ran this test last night for 30 minutes with prime95 

I see the problem now.  You're literally talking about CPU temp when you say 45c to 50c.  The core and package temp (71c in your case) is what you're looking for.  When people ask you what temps you're running, that's what they are referring to.  "CPU temp" is always 10c to 15c lower than your actual core or package temps.

Anyways, your temps are fine.  Which version of Prime95 did you run?

btw i reset my bios back to stock everything and i didnt touch the voltage this time just left it at "adaptive"  and punched in 4.8 and seems to be much better then the 5 oc in game fps wise 

4 minutes ago, roberto22197 said:

@done12many2 v28.10 build 1 

6 minutes ago, roberto22197 said:

I think you stabilized your OC better and you're now reaping the benefits.  Congrats!

@roberto22197

I just want to leave a final word here. Your CPU is fine. Your new picture shows a temperature of 71C, your ambient is 15C that is an increase of 56C. That is normal. Go on with your day.

i think every thing is good now i noticed a big difference in fps now it makes sense thank you all for your help !

6 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

No, even with a stable overclock, while most will and some doesn't run well with an overclock. This is applicable to GPU's, just because it's stable, doesn't mean every single game will work 100% perfectly. 99.99% > 0.01% a stable over clock will play nice with a CPU/GPU over clock.

That's not how it works. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089