My PC keeps waking me up.

wyatt1121

When I am done on my computer for awhile i put it into sleep mode until next time so I don't have to boot up every time. However, every morning around 3 my computer wakes up and runs and I can not figure out why it would be doing that. When I turn the monitor on there aren't any programs running so I have no idea how to stop this because it's getting real annoying real quick. PLEASE HELP ME!

Do you have anything set for on your "Task Scheduler"? (This is for Windows)

Something like "WinResume.exe" set on "Task Scheduler" will wake up your computer on the set time and date. 

i had an issue with my desktop turning on when i had Ram issues.

Character artist in the Games industry.

Only one answer to this. There is paranormal activity occuring. Someone is haunting you and turning your pc on at 3 in the morning

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Do you have wake on lan enabled in teh bios?

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

When I am done on my computer for awhile i put it into sleep mode until next time so I don't have to boot up every time. However, every morning around 3 my computer wakes up and runs and I can not figure out why it would be doing that. When I turn the monitor on there aren't any programs running so I have no idea how to stop this because it's getting real annoying real quick. PLEASE HELP ME!

I've been dealing with this same issue for a long time. I've just been blaming it on my motherboard. Like, just randomly deciding to draw power through the front panel connectors? Not sure if that's a logical conclusion or not, but it is what it is.

FX 8150 @ 4.0 GHz, MSI Radeon 7850 OC Edition, 2 x 4 gigs of GSkill Sniper ddr3 at 2133 MHz, two 120 gig Kingston HyperX 3K ssds, Crosshair V Formula, Antec High Current Gamer 620 watt psu, all wrapped up inside a Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker.

My friend had a problem like this, it turns out his fans would move his mouse in the middle of the night because it has a really high dpi setting. Check to see if a pet, or something like that woke it.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Probably Wake-On-Lan or background updates? Anyways, I'd always recommend shutting the PC down properly and either switch the PSU or the extension socket (if you use one) off.

Microsoft's servers might be contacting the computer to check for updates. In Windows Update, after it occurs, check to see if it checked for updates around 3.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Probably Wake-On-Lan or background updates? Anyways, I'd always recommend shutting the PC down properly and either switch the PSU or the extension socket (if you use one) off.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just shut it down all the way every night and you should be good.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just shut it down all the way every night and you should be good.

One time though, my rig turned on by itself even though it was shut off. Only happened once though.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well I shut it down for the weekend because I am not there and for the past 4 weekends I have had to install 19 updates every time. They are always the same number of updates and takes the same amount of time. I don't know why I've installed these same updates 4 times. This may be causing the problem. As to the mouse turning it on I've tried turning my mouse off and it still does it. 

just get an ssd and shut it down it really shouldn't take that long to boot up. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I've been meaning to get one but just haven't done it yet. I already know what I'm getting just have to get it.

Could be your antivirus doing a scheduled scan.

What kind of updates?

I don't know. It just says windows updates. 

Yeah, that's what I suppose, sometimes windows auto-downloads some drivers (could be the problem), or maybe can't get full access after booting up (Have you tried to install them manually?)

No. How would I look to see what they were updating?

One time though, my rig turned on by itself even though it was shut off. Only happened once though.

Just turn the extension socket off or pull the cable - saves some energy :)

Rigt when it wakes up do a comand prompt in admin mode and type powercfg -requests it will tell u whats .waking it up if whats waking is still active you could also do powercfg -energy to get a full report

You might have a virus scan scheduled, backup, etc.  You might want to check to see if you have a wake on network connection option enabled.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

yep I second get an ssd boot times are quick as and u get to shut down and save some powers ( I know its not much )

I had this issue on my Asus z87 board and it was due to the fast charge capability keeping the wifi chip running even though the computer is off. I tried disabling all the stuff in windows (Task scheduler etc)

If you are using an Asus board (or any board maybe) and when off you can see the wifi led remains ON even though the PC is shut-down, try disabling the features that allow the pc to charge devices whilst off. 

This personally annoys me as I wanted to free up powerpoints and charge my phone from my pc whilst it was off, ah well...

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430