cpu heat problems

Phoenix54

I'm trying to run Dark Souls 3 (minimum requirement is a gtx 750ti / Intel core I3-2100) my specs are CPU Intel Core i7-6700HQ / GPU Geforce gtx 960m with 8gb ddr4 ram I havent overclocked either. With these specs it's supposed to be able to run it fine, according to Geforce experience I can easily run it at max quality at 16:9 res, the gpu, the one component you would have a doubt about is at a steady 65 degrees. My cpu however is running at 75 to 80 degrees with a max of 85 and this is at maximum performance settings even though Im supposed to be able to run it at near max quality. Why is my cpu running so hot? My laptop isn't a week old and I never had it off my desk so it cant be dust, Im also using a cooling station and I was using the minimum amount of background processes.

I don't know which laptop you have, but if you're brave enough, you might want to open it and replace the stock thermal paste, I did it with my asus and gained like 5C, also, if it's has intakes on the bottom, might want to invest in a cooling pad?

I have a lenovo so theres no way of reaching the cpu, I dont wanne cause long term issues cause it kinda doubles as the laptop I do all my work on, I dont really have any good alternative gaming rigs either. For now Ill hold off on playing the latest titles till I have the budget to deal with any issues that might come up when playing long sessions. Last time I did that I damaged my cpu to the point where I couldnt render any 3D games without causing artifacts. When I was thinking of investing in a new laptop I did my research before it I knew near nothing about hardware, at this point I think I might be able to build a pc so I might give that a shot when and if I have the budget for it.

4 hours ago, Phoenix54 said:

I have a lenovo so theres no way of reaching the cpu, I dont wanne cause long term issues cause it kinda doubles as the laptop I do all my work on, I dont really have any good alternative gaming rigs either. For now Ill hold off on playing the latest titles till I have the budget to deal with any issues that might come up when playing long sessions. Last time I did that I damaged my cpu to the point where I couldnt render any 3D games without causing artifacts. When I was thinking of investing in a new laptop I did my research before it I knew near nothing about hardware, at this point I think I might be able to build a pc so I might give that a shot when and if I have the budget for it.

Yes there are ways of getting to the CPU. It's also really easy. And it also retains warranty as long as you don't break your laptop.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p