Noob looking for help choosing PC

MYoungs
23 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

that is true,but if 1180 and 1170 have a 50% increase,it will be nice save the money to buy a 1070 and get a 1170 but no one know the future, I just do not like the concept of future proff

And if he waits even longer the 1280 and 1270 might be a 50% increase and be a nive money save. It is a reasonable prediction that current high end hardware will be good for at least a few more years.

19 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

Oh please I5's are more than capable of gaming and streaming as well take it from me I've done it all and it's the best

How is that post in any way related to mine?

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

So I am really not a fan of pre-built pcs, so I decided to make you a pcpartpicker list of very good parts for a pc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ExcellenteGamer/saved/#view=KZ623C

This build does fit your 1200 gbp budget (or about $1500 because I'm American), and seeing as it has a solid 1070, a kaby lake 7600k, incredibly fast ram, lots of storage, a good looking case, and a power supply with extra watts reserved for future upgrades, I would definitely recommend this build.

If you need help on building a pc, watch this video from Austin Evans for some help.

6 minutes ago, Autz said:

So I am really not a fan of pre-built pcs, so I decided to make you a pcpartpicker list of very good parts for a pc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ExcellenteGamer/saved/#view=KZ623C

This build does fit your 1200 gbp budget (or about $1500 because I'm American), and seeing as it has a solid 1070, a kaby lake 7600k, incredibly fast ram, lots of storage, a good looking case, and a power supply with extra watts reserved for future upgrades, I would definitely recommend this build.

If you need help on building a pc, watch this video from Austin Evans for some help.

Thank you appreciate this :D

I do want to build my own it's just the fact it's my first time and scared I'll mess it up somehow haha. Seems like I should just such it up and give it ago though! 

2 minutes ago, MYoungs said:

Thank you appreciate this :D

I do want to build my own it's just the fact it's my first time and scared I'll mess it up somehow haha. Seems like I should just such it up and give it ago though! 

Yeah. If you do run into any issues that the video I showed doesn't cover, you can probably search some things on youtube about it, and you shouldn't be worried about breaking a part because if you do, there is warranty that will cover the broken part and send you a new one. It really is an interesting and fun experience to build your own gaming pc, and I would definitely recommend it. 

13 hours ago, Centurius said:

If they do the 6700 and 1080 will still rock 1080p and 1440p for a significant time to come.

Oh please I5's are more than capable of gaming and streaming as well take it from me I've done it all and it's the best

TLDR: dont buy an i7 i5s are more capabel, put money towards gpu and pm me if you need advice on uk stuff like best courier(dpd) and retaillers, best are ocuk and ariapc

Hey so EVERYONE STOP GIVING THE GUY I7'S its a purey gsming build if u listened to the op, therefore and  csan confrirm this as i am both living in le uk and own a 7600k and can confidently say that the i5 7600k iste best option, its bloody fast and you can easily oc it to get more performance, its a really strong quadcore and i can stream all my games at 1080p30.

Spoiler

(i could do 60fps at 1080p but i dont havew the bandwith, also this is possible because of gpu rendering meaning the cpu isnt taxed as much so you can stream, edit and game easily on an i5, you dont need an i7 as its overkill for your ppurpose and you should put the money for a good gpu whih is what renders your games)

Put the extra money towards thwe gpu as its 9/10 most important for games

Spoiler

Some games like arma3 and other highly cpu intensive games like Advanced simulators may benefit from an i7 but an i5 is just as adequate

Also the question nobody has asked is

1. what resolution do you plan to play at, for example 1080p,1440p or 4k do you  want to play at 60hz 120hz etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra UK Specific stuff

Spoiler

For courier DPD IS the best as they have execellent tracking fr#eatures with thier app and have a really fast delivery and do it with extreme care towards your parcels.

if you can (if its the cheapest price give or take £5-10) go with overclcokers.co.uk or ariapc they are imo the best retaillers in the uk and have exellent dispatching times (both use dpd)and with some orders (usually over £100) they include tracked shipping for free, exellent customer service and you cant go wrong with them, also a nice tip is to order your stuff outwith working ours so your order is more likely the frst to be proccesed in the morning.

48 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

TLDR: dont buy an i7 i5s are more capabel, put money towards gpu and pm me if you need advice on uk stuff like best courier(dpd) and retaillers, best are ocuk and ariapc

Hey so EVERYONE STOP GIVING THE GUY I7'S its a purey gsming build if u listened to the op, therefore and  csan confrirm this as i am both living in le uk and own a 7600k and can confidently say that the i5 7600k iste best option, its bloody fast and you can easily oc it to get more performance, its a really strong quadcore and i can stream all my games at 1080p30.

Reveal hidden contents

(i could do 60fps at 1080p but i dont havew the bandwith, also this is possible because of gpu rendering meaning the cpu isnt taxed as much so you can stream, edit and game easily on an i5, you dont need an i7 as its overkill for your ppurpose and you should put the money for a good gpu whih is what renders your games)

Put the extra money towards thwe gpu as its 9/10 most important for games

Reveal hidden contents

Some games like arma3 and other highly cpu intensive games like Advanced simulators may benefit from an i7 but an i5 is just as adequate

Also the question nobody has asked is

1. what resolution do you plan to play at, for example 1080p,1440p or 4k do you  want to play at 60hz 120hz etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra UK Specific stuff

Reveal hidden contents

For courier DPD IS the best as they have execellent tracking fr#eatures with thier app and have a really fast delivery and do it with extreme care towards your parcels.

if you can (if its the cheapest price give or take £5-10) go with overclcokers.co.uk or ariapc they are imo the best retaillers in the uk and have exellent dispatching times (both use dpd)and with some orders (usually over £100) they include tracked shipping for free, exellent customer service and you cant go wrong with them, also a nice tip is to order your stuff outwith working ours so your order is more likely the frst to be proccesed in the morning.

i7 7700 will be worth it as it is a 7500 with a higher core clock and it has hyperthreading. It is definitely worth it with a budget as large is theirs, there is no reason not to get one.

Edit: This 'dont buy an i7 i5s are more capabel' is a lie. Don't listen to that. i7s are much more capable cores.

On 02/12/2017 at 0:45 PM, Wumkin said:

i7 7700 will be worth it as it is a 7500 with a higher core clock and it has hyperthreading. It is definitely worth it with a budget as large is theirs, there is no reason not to get one.

Edit: This 'dont buy an i7 i5s are more capabel' is a lie. Don't listen to that. i7s are much more capable cores.

Sorry you cut that quote short, I5's are more capable for the money, and did the OP say I wanna stream, no or video edit or any other heavily threaded tasks, no so an I5 is the right choice and the OP can get a 1080 and save some cash, just cause the budget is 1200 doesn't mean u need to spend 1200

1 hour ago, Napalm360 said:

Sorry you cut that quote short, I5's are more capable for the money, and did the OP say I wanna stream, no or video edit or any other heavily threaded tasks, no so an I5 is the right choice and the OP can get a 1080 and save some cash, just cause the budget is 1200 doesn't mean u need to spend 1200

This is the monitor I'm most likely going to be playing on https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01H5KKQTM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

And I'm completely fine with 1080p if I can get 1440p, cool. To be honest I didn't even know 1440p was a thing :D I would also like to get the best possible PC I can with the whole £1200

15 hours ago, MYoungs said:

This is the monitor I'm most likely going to be playing on https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01H5KKQTM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

And I'm completely fine with 1080p if I can get 1440p, cool. To be honest I didn't even know 1440p was a thing :D I would also like to get the best possible PC I can with the whole £1200

i7s are good for gaming, and are a good alternative to a 7600k if someone doesn't want to OC. If you want to spend that much, get the i7.

Here's my £1000 build:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8tTrPs
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8tTrPs/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£286.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£69.24 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£60.40 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Plextor M7V 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£63.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  (£369.99) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.93 @ Ebuyer) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£78.00) 
Total: £988.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-17 08:09 GMT+0000

Mess around with this and you could get a 1080 in there easily.