portable Laptop for school

Hey guys,

This summer i am going to be in a new school. It is a requirement to have a laptop. I searched a bit, found nothing but then thought of this forum.

I'm searching a laptop that is pretty portable(thin!), lightweight and capable of low-to mid range gaming(mainly csgo)? The prize cap is around 1500 Dollars.

Best regards from switzerland,

KBM

How about a dell xps 15? 

Sub 2kg weight, 14" laptop footprint, great I/O for when on the go, 6700HQ and a GTX1050 to cover light to medium gaming. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

As cc143 suggested, Dell XPS 13/15 would be a good choice. I'd also suggest a Surface Pro 4 i5 or i7 model. The 3:2 aspect ratio is great for productivity (can testify, I own a Surface 3 for school and it's great) and it weighs around 2.2lbs/1kg with the type cover.

1 hour ago, cyanogen_ said:

As cc143 suggested, Dell XPS 13/15 would be a good choice. I'd also suggest a Surface Pro 4 i5 or i7 model. The 3:2 aspect ratio is great for productivity (can testify, I own a Surface 3 for school and it's great) and it weighs around 2.2lbs/1kg with the type cover.

True, but both my xps13 and surface 3 are useless for any sort of gaming due to their lacking a dgpu. The XPS 15 on the other hand has that, while being light enough to carry around. Really, how thin and light do laptops need to get at this point. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/