Will my kraken x62 block any of the ram slots?

Ezkamoz.

I will be using an Asus maximus ix code and was wondering if the x62 would block and of the ram slots as I'm using 4x8gb sticks

AIO's are designed to not interfere with RAM slots as they almost exclusively take up the 95x95 area around the socket where there are little to no components.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

36 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

AIO's are designed to not interfere with RAM slots as they almost exclusively take up the 95x95 area around the socket where there are little to no components.

28 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

It should without a doubt not block anything.

Ok cause it blocked the ram slots on another mobo

IMG_1103.PNG

2 minutes ago, Ezkamoz. said:

Ok cause it blocked the ram slots on another mobo

-

Ah I see your concern.

An easy fix to that should simply be to flip the hetsink 45 degrees.

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Ah I see your concern.

An easy fix to that should simply be to flip the hetsink 45 degrees.

That would kill me inside but ok

To be sure;

Which motherboard are you using?

EDIT: Nvm it was in the first post.

You're totally fine!

Looking at your motherboard compared to the picture you reffered to I can tell you'll be fine, compare the space between the socket and RAM slots.

I can guarantee it

11 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

You're totally fine!

Looking at your motherboard compared to the picture you reffered to I can tell you'll be fine, compare the space between the socket and RAM slots.

I can guarantee it

ok thanks a lot bro. means a lot

ok thanks a lot bro. means a lot

Hey no worries!

Considering that you have an ATX board and that it's a Z270 I can't imagine it not fitting.

You'll do well with that cooler :D

5 hours ago, Ezkamoz. said:

can you not rotate the logo on that cooler?

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to check, did you end up having issue with the 1st ram slot on that motherboard? with kraken x62?
I had issue with Kraken x62 on MSI z270 M7, the x62 fittings dont block the slot completely but it will push/bend the ram to the right.
Ram i'm using is G.Skill TridentZ RGB.

MSI z270 Gaming m7 ram slot issue

• 5 months later...

I see this topic is older, but I am waiting for my Kraken x62 cooler and I have been researching this topic, as I too have a concern with it. I really don't want the NZXT logo to be side ways or upside down to accommodate this.

My issue is, I am using Ryzen Threadripper, and there are isn't as much info out there on it yet, as it just came out last week. I am using the Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 board found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/X399-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf

I too, am using Tirdent Z ram from G.Skill. The kit I have is here:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB5NP6770&cm_re=F4-3200c16q-32gtzr-_-20-232-482-_-Product

I also have the same concern for my new plan. I see some builds on pcpartpicker that they avoid to use the first RAM slot. But most of the builds just use all four slots (of course with Trident Z RGB). So it might depend on the motherboard.

The board I bought was the Gigabyet Aorus x399 gaming 7. It is a quad channel board. The NZXT Kraken X62 DOES indeed block the first ram slot on the right hand side, but because the Trident Z kit I bought was only 4 dimms, I lucked out as my board calls for the first slot on the right hand side to be left empty if I am only using 4 sticks of ram. If I had an 8 stick kit, I would have an issue, So again, I lucked out.

1st world problems. Just clock the damned pump to clear it and stop with the OCD bullshit.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

I had the same issue but I didn't give a shit after I just made it work

10900k 5.0ghz OC | ASUS Strix Z490 | NVIDIA 4090 FE | 4x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO (3200MHz)

2 hours ago, asand1 said:

1st world problems. Just clock the damned pump to clear it and stop with the OCD bullshit.

Ok tough guy. Yea, it is a 'first world problem' but when I am building systems for myself, and more importantly, clients of mine, I like to educate myself on components and potential issues/design flaws that may occur so I can keep those clients in the loop and happy about shit their shit.

2 hours ago, Liberty610 said:

Ok tough guy. Yea, it is a 'first world problem' but when I am building systems for myself, and more importantly, clients of mine, I like to educate myself on components and potential issues/design flaws that may occur so I can keep those clients in the loop and happy about shit their shit.

Its not a design flaw lol. Its an aesthetic that some people get their panties in a knot over. 

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

On 8/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, Liberty610 said:

The board I bought was the Gigabyet Aorus x399 gaming 7. It is a quad channel board. The NZXT Kraken X62 DOES indeed block the first ram slot on the right hand side, but because the Trident Z kit I bought was only 4 dimms, I lucked out as my board calls for the first slot on the right hand side to be left empty if I am only using 4 sticks of ram. If I had an 8 stick kit, I would have an issue, So again, I lucked out.

I had the same issue with the same board the Gigabyte X399 and the X62. The RAM slots on the board are just too close to the socket. I also like having the NZXT logo correct orientation as it looks more professional (and lets face it, when you're spending this kind of money on a system, ANYTHING that isnt right should be worth your time).

I ended up returning the 64GB (8 sticks) for 64GB (4 sticks) so I could fit the cooler. My thought is that NZXT or some other AIO water cooler might release a new Threadripper edition, and I can upgrade to that later and I would then have access to the empty RAM slots for upgrade.

@asand1 Some people like some things correct. Sure, if this system was for a cheap gaming system then having the logo off would be fine. But in a professional setting or selling a system to clients, details matter. Clearly, they don't matter to you, but they do matter to others. Especially with this kind of cost and system longevity.