Want to upgrade my processor.

Hi, I recently purchased a HP Notebook - 15-ba038au and tried to play a few games, War Thunder and CS:GO. Most games are pretty good but there's no information regarding an upgrade in processors. It currently has an AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 APU (2 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB cache). I'd love to upgrade it so any help would be great. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, BaHok said:

there's no information regarding an upgrade in processors.

because even *if* you theoretically could, you really shouldnt.

45 minutes ago, BaHok said:

I'd love to upgrade it so any help would be great.

Honestly, I don't think this is physically possible, since most of the time the chips are directly soldered to the board. Even if it was possible, you most definitely would run into power delivery and overheating issues, since a better cpu would have higher electric limits and would therefor draw more power. So even if it worked, it most likely would be horribly unsafe and probably fry and kill the power delivery circuit on your mainboard. 

If you really need to have more performance you should get rid of the laptop and buy a pc...

On 11/02/2017 at 7:22 PM, black0utm1rage said:

Honestly, I don't think this is physically possible, since most of the time the chips are directly soldered to the board. Even if it was possible, you most definitely would run into power delivery and overheating issues, since a better cpu would have higher electric limits and would therefor draw more power. So even if it worked, it most likely would be horribly unsafe and probably fry and kill the power delivery circuit on your mainboard. 

If you really need to have more performance you should get rid of the laptop and buy a pc...

Thank you. I'll definitely look at a PC :)

On 11/02/2017 at 6:56 PM, JoostinOnline said:

It's generally not safe (or even possible) to upgrade anything besides the RAM or storage. 

Thank you! :)