New Build Plan

Nosmada09

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a build soon. My hope is to order the parts by the end of the month. My general use case will be web browseing and gaming. My general aesthetic idea is to go with mostly black parts and RGB as you can see from my part picker page. (Yes I know alot of the community feels RGB is a gimmick but hey I like the aesthetic lol)  I'm looking for MAtx form factor and like the Corsair 350d case.  

As for monitors I'm thinking 1 ultrawide with a smaller auxiliary monitor but not sure which monitors yet, as for resolution I'm looking for 1080/1440 with smooth play. I don't really care to much about 4k or crazy frame rates I just want a nice smooth experience.

As for budget I'm pretty firm at $1500 USD as a max budget but would prefer to keep it atleast $100 below so I can have money for extra aesthetics and maybe some basic modding. Budget for monitors and peripherals is separate from main budget and is loose since already have old peripherals and will just be upgrading them over time. I already have the OS so that's no problem.

I feel pretty confident in my choices shown on my PCPartPicker page in the link but would like to know your opinions on this, Would you:

1) upgrade the CPU to the I7 7700k and keep the 1060 6gb  

2) Keep the I3 7350k but upgrade the GPU to the 1070

Or 

3) keep the build as is and use the extra money for other upgrades? If so what would you upgrade?

Below is a basic list of components I have picked but you can follow the link to my parpicker page to review the items better.

Cpu: I3 7350k

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5

Ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Xtreme Gaming

Storage: Corsair Force MP500 240GB M.2 NVMe SSD, paired with : Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

Case: Corsair 350D windowed

PSU: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular 

Not to be bought now but I plan to add later is a full set of the NZXT AER fans and controler but as I said that's down the line a ways.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mDX8XH

Wait for AMD Ryzen to come out? It is official that they have a $300 chip that outperforms intel's $1000+ one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($343.33 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($76.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($559.89 @ B&H) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Fury 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1491.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-11 01:20 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Wait for AMD Ryzen to come out? It is official that they have a $300 chip that outperforms intel's $1000+ one.

I want to and honestly I've been waiting for ryzen for years but I'm really getting tired of waiting. I want to order my parts by the end of the month and I don't know when were finally gonna get ryzen.

Ryzen is supposed to be released next month... Remember that their model is tock, tock, tock, tock (i think :) )

42 minutes ago, Nosmada09 said:

I want to and honestly I've been waiting for ryzen for years but I'm really getting tired of waiting. I want to order my parts by the end of the month and I don't know when were finally gonna get ryzen.

It's either gonna be released at end-febuary or very early march so yeah, wait a few more days for zen.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, ShadySocks said:

Curious.. haven't heard.. would you be able to send the article? that changes the stakes for my build too