Need a HTML/CSS template for school forum

piemadd

so, my school tech-team is getting together a forum so then when people have trouble with their ipads, or with any piece of technology, they need a way to come in contact with the school. The site builder we were going to use got blocked, and we are currently looking at jsut using a hosting service that is guarenteed unblocked and use an html template. Has anybody seen one that is similar-ish to the LTT one?

Thanks!

i like trains 🙂

23 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

so, my school tech-team is getting together a forum so then when people have trouble with their ipads, or with any piece of technology, they need a way to come in contact with the school. The site builder we were going to use got blocked, and we are currently looking at jsut using a hosting service that is guarenteed unblocked and use an html template. Has anybody seen one that is similar-ish to the LTT one?

Thanks!

Why don't you host your own on-site? See if the school IT has an old computer they can toss on the network. You really won't need much horsepower.

Then, at that point, just grab a template for one of the major forums (IPBoard, etc), or use something like WordPress or Drupal and grab a Forum plugin for them.

Either way, you really don't want to code a forum by hand...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If your school cant host the site with their own servers thats sad.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Apparently all-included education systems aren't thing in there. This could be solved easily if all students would have access to Moodle or Edmodo style system. Those have forum features included so it wouldn't be hard job to create group for all students (I don't know if there's user limits) and host forum inside there. Ofc they would also need server for hosting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Apparently all-included education systems aren't thing in there. This could be solved easily if all students would have access to Moodle or Edmodo style system. Those have forum features included so it wouldn't be hard job to create group for all students (I don't know if there's user limits) and host forum inside there. Ofc they would also need server for hosting.

A school shouldn't have a problem finding a server for a project like this. They could simply take an old decommissioned computer, that they no doubt have tons of (for spare parts, or as a hot-standby replacement PC). For something like a Student Forum, you don't need a new Server w/ full warranty.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Why don't you host your own on-site? See if the school IT has an old computer they can toss on the network. You really won't need much horsepower.

Then, at that point, just grab a template for one of the major forums (IPBoard, etc), or use something like WordPress or Drupal and grab a Forum plugin for them.

Either way, you really don't want to code a forum by hand...

rip 

all of the computers are old

and btw, we used to use google sites, but they decide to block it.

rip

i like trains 🙂

3 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

rip 

all of the computers are old

and btw, we used to use google sites, but they decide to block it.

rip

You don't need a new computer. Old computers are great for hosting a small web forum.