Free Audio Spectrum Maker?

piemadd
Go to solution Solved by Ahoy Hoy,
11 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

Does anybody know a free program that allows me to create an audio spectrum video?

If you mean like how all those youtube music video channels where they have a shape/line/circle which changes in size depending on frequncy. Its a simple effect done in after effects

Does anybody know a free program that allows me to create an audio spectrum video?

i like trains 馃檪

Use a program like bandicam to record windows media player (spectrum visualizer) playing the audio, then use windows movie maker (also free) to mute the video and overlay the source audio file so that the spectrum is synced with the audio.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven聽 聽minimalist white and black PC聽 聽 聽Old S340 build log "White Heaven"聽 聽 聽 聽聽The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log聽 聽 聽 聽 Project AntiRoll (prototype)聽 聽 聽 聽 Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X聽|聽AMD Vega Frontier Edition聽|聽ASUS X570 Pro WS聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB聽|聽NZXT H500聽|聽Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700聽|聽Custom loop聽|聽Coolermaster SK630 White聽|聽Logitech MX Master 2S聽|Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB聽|Samsung 58" 4k TV|Scarlett 2i4|2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Use a program like bandicam to record windows media player (spectrum visualizer) playing the audio, then use windows movie maker (also free) to mute the video and overlay the source audio file so that the spectrum is synced with the audio.

That doesn't seem high quality to me but I guess it could work

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

wait, it does that?

let me test

i like trains 馃檪

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That doesn't seem high quality to me but I guess it could work

how do u use the visualizer in windows media player. and yes, i have the original one installed from windows 7

i like trains 馃檪

1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

how do u use the visualizer in windows media player. and yes, i have the original one installed from windows 7

Open a music file with WMP, right click on it and Visualizer something, I used Win7 way long ago so don't remember

2 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

wait, it does that?

let me test

You right click when in full screen mode and there's a bunch of visualizations, the one I like best is the regular "scope".

I even put a screenshot of it as my desktop background :P

rJlFnRh.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven聽 聽minimalist white and black PC聽 聽 聽Old S340 build log "White Heaven"聽 聽 聽 聽聽The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log聽 聽 聽 聽 Project AntiRoll (prototype)聽 聽 聽 聽 Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X聽|聽AMD Vega Frontier Edition聽|聽ASUS X570 Pro WS聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB聽|聽NZXT H500聽|聽Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700聽|聽Custom loop聽|聽Coolermaster SK630 White聽|聽Logitech MX Master 2S聽|Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB聽|Samsung 58" 4k TV|Scarlett 2i4|2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

You right click when in full screen mode and there's a bunch of visualizations, the one I like best is the regular "scope".

I even put a screenshot of it as my desktop background :P

-snip-

Why not get a rainmeter skin with visualizer on it, that'd be cool

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

i do, i just want a quick way so i can record videos for my music channel

i like trains 馃檪

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That's what that row of small bars on the bottom is ;)

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

If you mean like how all those youtube music video channels where they have a shape/line/circle which changes in size depending on frequncy. Its a simple effect done in after effects

• 1 year later...
On 09/02/2017 at 4:58 AM, ImplosiveNUTech said:

YES!.......YOUTUBE MOVIE MAKER...it's a great media SOFT ...you can create whatever you want not only spects ....effects ....shapes..masks....and much stuff trust me...Personally i use it....and it's easy to use ;). (english man :p)

On 2/9/2017 at 8:42 AM, Ahoy Hoy said:

That's not exactly "free" is it?

I know that Blender can do it with some scripting (there's even a little addon I found somewhere that does it automagically) but you have to render it as a movie... unless maybe you get the Alpha build and use Eevee in real time and just record it.

#Muricaparrotgang