Gaming Laptops with HDMI input support

I wanted to buy a gaming laptop this summer which would support HDMI input for my PS4 and was skeptical about the new razer blade or alien ware 13(2016)

I'm not aware of any laptop that supports HDMI in. It'd be a massive waste of R&D and IO real estate for most consumers.

You could purchase an HDMI capture card, like the Razer Ripsaw or Elgato HD60.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

There was an Alienware from some years Ago the m18x that had a HDMI INPUT, but this was a Ivy Bridge Gen Core computer with GTX 670m GPU, you can see here in the pictures that it had a HDMI OUT and a HDMI IN. (Pictures taken from notebookcheck.com). The Clevo X8100 had this feature as well (1st Gen Core i7 and GTX 285m GPU), both of those laptops were 18 inch in size.

That I know of nor the Razer Blade nor the Alienware13 support HDMI INPUT.

Maybe with a USB 3.0 video capture card or USB TV Tunner with HDMI Input, but you will add a lot of latency, while decoding, sending via USB, and displaying on the latop screen, plus the computer would have to be on and runing it's Operating System. So probably unplayable. A HDMI 1080p portable monitor is a better Idea.

seite1_d85443_02.jpg

seite2_c04914_02.jpg

Alienware has that Mini m.2 slot (that is practically a waste...) you can try finding a connection though that... It should be fairly easy to reach because its just taking the bottom part of the laptop off so you can reach the RAM and hard drive.

pic 1

u7EOkBX.jpg

Pic 2

vO22Akc.jpg

and no you don't have to go as far as opening it up as pic 2 to reach it

*disclaimer: all pics are taken from iunlocks review http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/review-by-iunlock-alienware-17r4-vs-msi-gt73vr-unrated-version.801192/ read it.