Headphones + Mic for 80€

Frank Brown

Hey guys,

so I'm looking for new headphones and a mic, because I'm currently using a not so good headset and want a nice upgrade for about 80€ (I live in germany if thats important).

My main criteria are a fairly good quality mic and nice headphones.

I'll mainly use them for gaming and general media consumption on the PC so it doesn't need to be portable.

Right now I use a little USB Soundcard by Creative which came with my headset and I'll probably continue using it.

I have been looking at the Sennheiser HD449 and the Zalman ZM-MIC1 but I'm not sure if these are optimal.

Thanks in advance!

-  AMD Phenom II X4 965BE - Asrock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro - 2x 4GB G.Skill - AMD Radeon 7850 VTX3D X-Edition 2GB - Samsung 840 120GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Green 320GB - Thermaltake SmartPower 530W -

- Logitech G500 - Steelseries Qck - Sennheiser HD449 + Zalman MIC1 - Corsair Vengeance K70 -

Do you have a local store that has them in-stock to try? Thats the best way to test a pair of headphones. With microphones i'm not so sure of.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Do you have a local store that has them in-stock to try? Thats the best way to test a pair of headphones. With microphones i'm not so sure of.

I don't think so. Most shops nearby only sell cheapo gaming headsets or really expensive stuff.

-  AMD Phenom II X4 965BE - Asrock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro - 2x 4GB G.Skill - AMD Radeon 7850 VTX3D X-Edition 2GB - Samsung 840 120GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Green 320GB - Thermaltake SmartPower 530W -

- Logitech G500 - Steelseries Qck - Sennheiser HD449 + Zalman MIC1 - Corsair Vengeance K70 -

Try the expensive stuff. You never know if they have it on discount maybe. But the test way to know they're comfortable is to try it. Then you can check their brand for cheaper ones online potentially.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Try the expensive stuff. You never know if they have it on discount maybe. But the test way to know they're comfortable is to try it. Then you can check their brand for cheaper ones online potentially.

I will go to a shop and try some on but my main concern would be the sound quality, which I probably can't test at the shops. So maybe there is someone here who has the HD449 or can suggest me some other headphones

I will go to a shop and try some on but my main concern would be the sound quality, which I probably can't test at the shops. So maybe there is someone here who has the HD449 or can suggest me some other headphones

See I go to buy Headphones cause I'm not always interested in the best performing headset because most are either not the best or of average build quality or just plain expensive.

I guess HD449 look pretty darn good. I can say that Seinheisser creates astounding audio solutions whether its headphones or headsets.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Ergonomic-Closed-Back-Headphones-Incredible/dp/B005N8W214/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383860947&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=seinhessier+HD449

thermaltake esports shock one

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

See I go to buy Headphones cause I'm not always interested in the best performing headset because most are either not the best or of average build quality or just plain expensive.

I guess HD449 look pretty darn good. I can say that Seinheisser creates astounding audio solutions whether its headphones or headsets.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Ergonomic-Closed-Back-Headphones-Incredible/dp/B005N8W214/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383860947&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=seinhessier+HD449

Alright I'll go to the store tommorrow and try if I can maybe find it. But I'm still open for new suggestions :D

Alright I'll go to the store tommorrow and try if I can maybe find it. But I'm still open for new suggestions :D

If they have audio-technica ATH-T400's, give 'em a listen.