Worth it?

kelvinhall05

I was browsing LetGo today (only because I didn't find anything on Kijiji or Craigslist, don't shoot me :P) and I found a deal for a Fractal Design Define R4, FX 8350 (which would be an upgrade over my i5-750) and some AM3+ black and blue motherboard that he says doesn't work. All of this for $80. Is it worth it? I messaged him about the issue on the motherboard, wondering if he can elaborate on it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Yeah that is worth it, that case alone is worth a good amount of money and an FX 8350 is like $100 used I think. Just grab the deal if you have the cash.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

3 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

Yeah that is worth it, that case alone is worth a good amount of money and an FX 8350 is like $100 used I think. Just grab the deal if you have the cash.

He responded to me, and said that the "motherboard had an issue when I got it, they tested it and sent me it back saying it was good, but tried different CPUs and different RAMs, etc. and it won't read either. It'll randomly boot then crash and boot loop." Do you have any idea what would cause this issue?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

He responded to me, and said that the "motherboard had an issue when I got it, they tested it and sent me it back saying it was good, but tried different CPUs and different RAMs, etc. and it won't read either. It'll randomly boot then crash and boot loop." Do you have any idea what would cause this issue?

Could be a bios issue.

If you can get a cheap enough replacement board, its a good deal imo.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Just get the FX 8350 and the case and try to bargain down the price, a 970 board isn't that costly anyway.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I was browsing LetGo today (only because I didn't find anything on Kijiji or Craigslist, don't shoot me :P) and I found a deal for a Fractal Design Define R4, FX 8350 (which would be an upgrade over my i5-750) and some AM3+ black and blue motherboard that he says doesn't work. All of this for $80. Is it worth it? I messaged him about the issue on the motherboard, wondering if he can elaborate on it.

Yeah sure, an AM3+ board is pretty cheap second hand, and that case + CPU are both pretty good (although the 8350 is just and overclocked 8320, and will need a good cooler).

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 minute ago, Apollo Refugio said:

Just get the FX 8350 and the case and try to bargain down the price, a 970 board isn't that costly anyway.

I already asked if he can do $80 for just the CPU (was my original question) and he said he can do $80 for everything. I'm not sure he wants to go under that.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I already asked if he can do $80 for just the CPU (was my original question) and he said he can do $80 for everything. I'm not sure he wants to go under that.

Just get everything then, maybe keep the mobo for display on a shelf or somewhere.

Thats a great price, go for it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 minutes ago, h.patel said:

as long as all the working stuff is working. yes.

The motherboard isn't, but he claims everything else is.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈