As a personal user, is intel AMT something to worry about?

I recently purchase a lenovo x1 carbon 4th gen from ebay.

Specs: Core i5 6300U / 2.4 GHz Win 7 Pro 64-bit (includes Win 10 Pro 64-bit License) 8 GB RAM 256 GB SSD TCG Opal Encryption 2 14" IPS 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) HD Graphics 520 Wi-Fi Bluetooth WWAN upgradable

Features:

1 USB 3.0 (Always On) , Administrator password , Hard drive password , Intel Active Management Technology (iAMT) , MIL-STD-810G tested , Power-on password , RapidCharge , Reset switch , Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) , ThinkEngine

Intel AMT is one of the features. Would disabling this in the bios and/or MEBX be sufficient? Would that be just as good as having a laptop without intel AMT (security wise). Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I'm starting to regret not purchasing a refurb model with a 6200u without this feature. It didn't buy the laptop for the 6300u over the 6200u; it was just available at the time. I was just wondering if there is any harm in using a computer with this enterprise feature as a regular consumer. I have to wait for it to come back from the lenovo repair service (sent it in a week after getting it for some minor issues). They are currently waiting for parts to be ordered to continue the repair. I'll check the bios to see if I can disable this feature. I did notice suspicious activity from my paypal today, but I was able to intervene before anything serious happened. I don't know if the repair service (didn't wipe my hard drive), chance, or AMT could have caused this. The only one I wouldn't be ok with is the latter. Sorry if this all seems kind of noobish, I'm just a paranoid college student. Is intel AMT something worth losing my peace of mind over?

Thanks so much <3

Not good. I suggest you give the machine a sweep for spyware and see what it comes up with.

Never give any 3rd party your hardware with your personal data on, especially banking details.

If someone has stolen your personal info at a repair centre or shop then it's a Police matter.

And if you buy PC's and laptops from places like eBay I suggest you do a fresh install of the OS if it comes with one.

1 hour ago, 3EP said:

Not good. I suggest you give the machine a sweep for spyware and see what it comes up with.

Never give any 3rd party your hardware with your personal data on, especially banking details.

If someone has stolen your personal info at a repair centre or shop then it's a Police matter.

And if you buy PC's and laptops from places like eBay I suggest you do a fresh install of the OS if it comes with one.

Yup, thanks for the tips. I actually did do a fresh install of windows 10 after the purchase. I was mostly just wondering if AMT could cause any harm. 

Numerous report about security flaws in intel CPU's. Just search the interweb.