Yet Another Tesla Model S Cathes Fire [TENNESSEE]

ku-bigpic.jpg

Ouch. Telsa seems to have gotten itself into a sticky situation. Recent production bottlenecks have resulted in Tesla declaring a loss for the first time in a while, which is suprising given the announcement of receiving additional production resources and the release of the Model X. Anyways, this Model S decided to call it quits on the side of a highway, but now back in the USA. Similar damage to the first crash; rest assured, Elon and his team of techno-wizzes are probably already hard at work looking for a solution (like a certain game studio cough DICE cough).

"We have been in contact with the driver, who was not injured and believes the car saved his life. Our team is on its way to Tennessee to learn more about what happened. We will provide more information when we're able to do so."

To be honest, I feel like this is getting hyped up more than necessary. Think back to when Italian exotics started to "spontaniously combust." On top of that, this is only the 3rd confirmed death. 3rd out of what, 5,500 produced examples? (at least thats the rough number I saw last time I checked). That's a pretty small margin given their limited production capacity, so that that however you want.

Thoughts?

Sources:
http://jalopnik.com/a-third-tesla-model-s-has-caught-fire-1460039546
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/23581-Ugh-Another-Model-S-fire-2013-11-06

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

this means nothing. how many regular combustion engine cars do you think caught fire this week?

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Dice issue, they have most likely fixed most of the issues however ea is bottlenecking them.

Tesla issue, everyone likes to try to find faults with the golden child

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

And I care about cars on a tech forum because?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm beginning to notice that these all happen on wet roads it seems like...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I heard about this or it was a similar case were the air intake caught fire. :( OMG tesla :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

The beginning of SKYNET is upon us. Do we side with the machines and become chiped.

Damn it I keep thinking you look like your profile pictures I think I'm getting carried away.

ku-xlarge.jpg

I guess "self-combustion" (Robbaz) for cars is more hazardous than I had thought. Damn. Looks like a Aston Martin Vanquish

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

A large amount of gas cars catch on fire 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'd be interested if someone had the numbers of the amount of Tesla S cars on the road verses the amount of cars caught on fire. (I think it's 15,000 to 3 or 1 in 5,000?) Then compared that to the number of gasoline cars on the road verses the number of gasoline cars caught on fire (I suspect that is a near impossible statistic to get). 

I remember when the 458's started burning up but they fixed that.

Also a McLaren F1 burnt up awhile ago, only 64 of those were made. So that's 1 in 64.

The fire doesn't seem to be in the battery but on the engine, so it seems to be a different problem.

And I care about cars on a tech forum because?

I'm beginning to notice that these all happen on wet roads it seems like...

So you don't care yet you replied twice? Why?

Not to mention cars are tech as well, specially electric cars.