390x too hot in my case. Best lower TDP GPU?

Zade_95
Go to solution Solved by Firecheetah13,
11 minutes ago, Lukozade said:

I'm in NZ so easiest brands to get are ASUS, Gigabyte, and Sapphire. Could import an XFX model, would it be worth the trouble?

Oh, greetings from the US! It's not worth the extra shipping cost to get an XFX, if you can find a Strix card from Asus that would work beautifully (pwus pwetty cowors :3)

Hi all, so I have currently have a Sapphire Tri-X 390X that I have moved from my old PC into my new one, which is in a Silverstone ML07, a very small case.

The card gets too hot and loud for my liking, so I'm considering replacing it with a similar power level card with a lower TDP and greater power efficiency.

I was thinking a Rx 480, as I have a freesync monitor and would prefer to keep the benefits of that.

Do you think it would make much of a difference?

Ty!

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming | Intel Core i5 7300HQ | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GTX1050ti | Corsair Force LS 120GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | 6TB Seagate Barracuda

Acer 21" IPS | 15" in-built | Logitech MX Master | Das Keyboard 4C Ultimate | Windows 10 Pro

iPad Pro 10.5" 2017 | A10X | 4GB | 64GB | Silver | Silicone Cover

Huawei Mate 10 Pro | Kirin 970 | 6GB | 128GB | Mocha Brown | Dbrand Carbon Fibre Black Skin

Performance would be similar.

Noise and heat would go down a decent amount :) It will be a noticeable amount. Just don't expect miracles tho.

At least if you get a decent one like the XFX rx 480 GTR.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Performance would be similar.

Noise and heat would go down a decent amount :) It will be a noticeable amount. Just don't expect miracles tho.

At least if you get a decent one like the XFX rx 480 GTR.

That's what I'm looking for. I'm considering either doing that or changing to a still small but larger mATX case. What do you think would provide better results? Similar price I imagine if I had to sell my 390x

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming | Intel Core i5 7300HQ | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GTX1050ti | Corsair Force LS 120GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | 6TB Seagate Barracuda

Acer 21" IPS | 15" in-built | Logitech MX Master | Das Keyboard 4C Ultimate | Windows 10 Pro

Huawei Mate 10 Pro | Kirin 970 | 6GB | 128GB | Mocha Brown | Dbrand Carbon Fibre Black Skin

5 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Very significant noise and power drop, so go with a Gaming X RX 480 or something similar.

I'm in NZ so easiest brands to get are ASUS, Gigabyte, and Sapphire. Could import an XFX model, would it be worth the trouble?

11 minutes ago, Lukozade said:

Oh, greetings from the US! It's not worth the extra shipping cost to get an XFX, if you can find a Strix card from Asus that would work beautifully (pwus pwetty cowors :3)

41 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Truth! Alright well I shall look out for a Strix one if I decide to sell on my 390x. Cheers!