Need $250 GPU

So m building a rig and have everything else up and running except the graphics card as i couldnt decide which one

My specs being

CPU:- i7 6700k

Mobo:- Asus Z170-E

Ram:- 16gb HyperX Fury Black

SSD;- Samsung evo 750 250gb

HDD:- Segate 2tb

Case:- Nzxt phantom S240

So i do have abt $250-$280 left for a graphics card, and i am torn between Msi Gtx 1060 Gaming X 6gb and the Msi RX 480 8gb

I do plan to upgrade in the future (After 9-10 months). So wht i plan to do is sell my gtx 1060 when i need to upgrade add some money and get a 1070 or 1080.

Wht i wanna know is if i get a RX 480 will i compromise performance for upgradeability. As i feel like adding another RX 480 for crossfire is going to be much easier for me.

Something tht i cant do with the 1060 as it doesnt supports sli. 

Also i cant get a budget raise to get a 1070 insted for another 4-5 months due to budget constraints (m a college student so.....).

So wht r my options as most of u guys r experts and this is only my second build (the first one was a fx 8350, R7 build).

Thnx in advance. 

Personal opinion is that the RX 480 will probably hold better value since they can be used in multi GPU and the 1060 cannot (aside from DX12 adaptations of it)

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

1060 and 1070 are good and powerful gpus my freind. i am also a college student in fact many here are.

specially the twin frozer architecture of msi is really good. my personal opinion would be to wait and get a 1070 msi.

will give you great gamming performace at 1080p and good at 1440p. you dont need a crossfire. it will just waste more power and heat up the pc. best advice save money and get msi gtx 1070.