Windows 10 Media Creation tool errors while creating a usb boot drive and when installing the corresponding ISO

Matador50200
Go to solution Solved by Squish4058,

What I suggest (others may say different)
1. use a new iso (not just a new download of the same one, but a entirely different iso)

2. Use rufus xD, it always works for me

3. check your booting method (Bios/csm/uefi)

csm and bios are the older methods and work more often for me but some machines will not work with some

Hi LTT Forums,

I was building my first PC (i5 7500, ASUS B150M-A, Evga 500W, 120gb Kingstone UV400, 1TB WD Blue) and i run into a little problem, i was trying to install an ISO image from Windows 10 in an USB drive... but the media creation tool didn´t detected it.. so i went to the Microsoft Forums and i saw a guy that had the same drive that i have (https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/instalacion-windows-10-problema-no-podemos/852387fc-4731-4bac-8123-3568cb1a3b23 sorry that it is in Spanish)... so i tried to using a different USB drive (the black one on the picture below) but it didn´t detected it... so i tried doing as this guy did ("I solved it by downloading the ISO image and coping it to the drive") but when i went to boot it didn´t detected any of the 2 drives that i tried... so now i´m lost, the BIOS told me that i had to remove the USB drive and press any key to restart. but it didn´t solved it. I´m using UEFI to boot.

Sin título-1.jpg

IMG_5683.JPG

IMG_5684.JPG

1. use a new iso (not just a new download of the same one, but a entirely different iso)

csm and bios are the older methods and work more often for me but some machines will not work with some

3 minutes ago, kris2340k said:

Thanks for the reply, i was using UEFI mode but i confuse it with the BIOS... i know the difference..

And i have a little question.. what the hell is rufus? .-.

1 minute ago, Matador50200 said:

Thanks for the reply, i was using UEFI mode but i confuse it with the BIOS... i know the difference..

And i have a little question.. what the hell is rufus? .-.

its a program, like the microsoft media creation tool, but made by a guy who doesnt work for microsoft

It works for all ISO files too, eg linux, all windows versions and such

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

its a program, like the microsoft media creation tool, but made by a guy who doesnt work for microsoft

It works for all ISO files too, eg linux, all windows versions and such

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

I´m going to try it... thanks

12 hours ago, kris2340k said:

Thanks dude it worked, now i have a brand new working pc.

IMG_5686.JPG