Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha?

So I was planning on buying the ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha. It has the features I want along with the aesthetics. However, I keep seeing reviews saying it was DOA and that they got a 55 code when they boot, or that it wont post. Honestly, I see that on alot of board reviews and I attribute it to the fact that many people will only leave a review if it is negative.

Can anyone give me some advice? Should I chance it?

9 minutes ago, beemar72 said:

So I was planning on buying the ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha. It has the features I want along with the aesthetics. However, I keep seeing reviews saying it was DOA and that they got a 55 code when they boot, or that it wont post. Honestly, I see that on alot of board reviews and I attribute it to the fact that many people will only leave a review if it is negative.

Can anyone give me some advice? Should I chance it?

Its a high end board you should be fine.

People (including myself) don't normally review a product UNLESS there is something wrong with it. You are seeing the minority, I have the Maximus VIII hero and it's been perfect for over a year. @beemar72

@NinJake Thanks. I figured that it was just people that like to complain. It was always a similar issue, but products can always slip through QC. And with how many MOBO's that Asus makes and ships, their number would be naturally higher.

And I will add that I just recently joined this community (LTT and PCMR) and am overwhelmed with how amazingly helpful and kind everyone is!

Yep, at work we ordered 20 SSDs from a particular manufacturer, after installing them all and upgrading the workstations, 2 of them ended up being faulty. thats a 1/10 chance of a bad ssd (bad luck in my opinion), but as a consumer I would expect about a 2%-5% rate of needing to return pretty much any electronic device/piece of equipment. @beemar72

Thankfully even if you do get 1 board that is DOA you can send it back or get it refunded.

Also welcome to the LTT community! :)