Spray Painting Stainless Steel & Inside a Water Loop

Revan654

1. What paint does everyone suggest using on stainless steel items (Want to go from the silver to Solid Black).
2. Any way to spray paint stainless item and then add inside the loop? Maybe spray Paint it and then put some kind of seal ontop of it?

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

1. What paint does everyone suggest using on stainless steel items (Want to go from the silver to Solid Black).
2. Any way to spray paint stainless item and then add inside the loop? Maybe spray Paint it and then put some kind of seal ontop of it?

You wouldn't want paint inside the loop ideally, as for a paint on stainless any will work it's just all about prep. For bare stainless I would recommend to scuff it with scotch brite an then use a self etching primer for it to bite in and get good adhesion. 

If it's just a cover on top of a water block you could alternatively vinyl wrap it. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

You wouldn't want paint inside the loop ideally, as for a paint on stainless any will work it's just all about prep. For bare stainless I would recommend to scuff it with scotch brite an then use a self etching primer for it to bite in and get good adhesion. 

If it's just a cover on top of a water block you could alternatively vinyl wrap it. 

It's inside the reservoir. Entire res is black and the one plate inside is bright silver. I need to get it to a darker color so it doesn't stick out.

The other option is just remove the plate ( It's not required, since it can be unscrewed).

1 minute ago, Revan654 said:

It's inside the reservoir. Entire res is black and the one plate inside is bright silver. I need to get it to a darker color so it doesn't stick out.

The other option is just remove the plate ( It's not required, since it can be unscrewed).

Hmm if you can get it powder coated I would say would be best in terms of a coating if it's going to be inside of the fluid. If you wanted to ensure no issues it is possible to anodize stainless but costly. 

Remove it, putting any kind of paint in a loop will just dissolve and clog your waterblocks.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Remove it, putting any kind of paint in a loop will just dissolve and clog your waterblocks.

I thought as much, I was hoping to paint it and then put some of protective seal on top of it. In theory the paint never touch the loop.

3 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I thought as much, I was hoping to paint it and then put some of protective seal on top of it. In theory the paint never touch the loop.

But then the sealant would...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020