Hex Desk Mod - by HextechMods

KiaOra
Hey everyone my name's Drew I have done a few builds on OCAU got on the front page once with my, "Clear Ivory" build

So coming back into modding is gonna be a lot of fun and I hope I can impress a bunch of you guys!

The plan for these desk is to try to make it my own and make something that hasn't been made before. So I have angled the outer edges of the cases where I'll be mounting the radiators and fans with an intrekit designed loop.

One side of the case will have the motherboard, Graphics Card and the power supply. The center will have the RES's plus a creative little design with the water loop. The other side of the case will have a screen inside might make as a touch panel but not sure. This screen will display computer statistics as well as any sponsors* who decide to jump on board.

*If you would like to jump on board with this build. It would definitely be appreciated. You can contact me at my email: ML777D@gmail.com

So I first thought I would create the desk out of aluminium although I felt MDF would be a much better option as it's cheapee easier to work with and have a very nice finish to it already.

8wDTJKO.jpg

fIsWGJK.jpg

fkvMMA9.jpg

HrJHNsL.jpg

More Progress on the desk let me know what you guys think!

4YBZqlJ.jpg

abxkRbp.jpg

gXA8A2l.jpg

M5JztY3.jpg

Odc2hh9.jpg

I would like to change Crucial Memory for sponsoring this build sending out some gorgeous 4x4gb ddr4 modules!

download.png

So i have deicided for now that i will go with the Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 Motherboard and a i5 7600k as i know im losing out to much to the i7 chips.

A nice little 980Ti that i have sitting down round here will do the trick for the gpu in this build!

VhJIfTN.jpg

Z270 Extreme4(L1).jpg

So it is time to sand it down it is altogether now and is looking more like a desk i must say! :P 

9XJMktU.jpg

Pull out keyboard drawer for sure...

That's how I'd do it. :) 

Also get a glass top for it. :) Get a 3/4 in glass and have them pencil polish it. 

I did that with my current desk and even had bore holes put into it so I can put my cords through them. I plan to make my own desk soon instead of this modified prebuilt. When I do... I will be having a clear top, my case will be the desk along with the cable management will use those 4 holes I have bored into mine. All my cords will hide very well when it's done.

I knew someone who worked at a glass manufacturing place called Hartung Glass and he made it for me. Cost of glass all and all 100$ or so...

3 hours ago, AJ-Goodrich said:

Pull out keyboard drawer for sure...

That's how I'd do it. :) 

Also get a glass top for it. :) Get a 3/4 in glass and have them pencil polish it. 

I did that with my current desk and even had bore holes put into it so I can put my cords through them. I plan to make my own desk soon instead of this modified prebuilt. When I do... I will be having a clear top, my case will be the desk along with the cable management will use those 4 holes I have bored into mine. All my cords will hide very well when it's done.

I knew someone who worked at a glass manufacturing place called Hartung Glass and he made it for me. Cost of glass all and all 100$ or so...

Sounds awesome ill check him out. And I understand what you mean! 

So this is the motherboard tray, made out of White 6mm Plexiglass. The components sit on clear pieces and the plan is to run leds underneth it so you get a nice led glow.

Got a bit of fixing up to do but i fell like its coming along nicely :P

16491230_1548851118477807_809122654_o.jpg

16522034_1548847408478178_1757020902_o.jpg

16522122_1548847338478185_130173059_o.jpg

16522174_1548847371811515_960054756_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome!! Keep it up!

Intel i9 7900x | Asus Rampage VI Extreme  |  Asus Gtx 1080 Ti | Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32gb| 2x Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb in raid0, Corsair MP500 240gb, Corsair Force LE 480gb  | Corsair RM1000i | LianLi PC-O11 ROG Edition | Dual custom loops | Asus ROG Swift PG348Q | Fire strike extreme results: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14705669 |

I would like to thank Aquatuning for being absolutely awesome and sending out a huge amount of stuff for me to use in the desk!

IMG_20170225_102624.jpg

IMG_20170225_102938.jpg

IMG_20170225_102958.jpg

IMG_20170225_103106.jpg

IMG_20170225_103122 (1).jpg