Quick Question!

Sin Stalker

I want to minimize cables and hide the ones I do have. As such, I was thinking I could connect my keyboard and mouse to the back/under my desk to a usb 3.0 hub. Then have the 3.0 hub use an extension cord to connect to the back of my usb 3.0 port of my computer.

Before I waist my money, I want to make sure this can actually work. Can it?

In addition, if I get more open slots, can I also use other usb devices with that same hub?

Thanks

Yes, it can work and yes you can use other USB devices with it. It's just an extension. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

In theory, it should work with the mouse and keyboard without any problems. If you plan on plugging in your phone or anything else that requires a lot of power over USB, you would want to get a USB hub that has it's own external power source.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I have my mouse plugged into a keyboard with a USB hub with no problems

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Does it need to be USB 3.0 or could a USB 2.0 hub and port work?

Is there any input lag?

So I ordered a usb hub and it worked... until my computer went to sleep. Sometimes the devices would still get power, but most of the time it wouldn't. It also won't wake up the computer via the keyboard or mouse.

When I used the power button to rewake it, everything turned on but the power to the keyboard and mouse. WTF?