Which GPU is Better?

Alexander Tikkanen

I've done my research on both the Asus NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti 2GB, and the MSI Radeon RX 460 2GB. From what I've seen, the Radeon RX 460 is better, but I would like the community's input on it. Which GPU is Better?

I believe the 460 runs hotter and draws more power but is slightly better than the 750Ti, if those things aren't of concern, I would go with the 460.

1 minute ago, cpuwaiy said:

Get the rx460 since it is 2 - 3 years newer

Just because something is newer doesn't mean it's better...

The 460 supports newer features such as 14nm transistors if that's your thing. If you want to go rx 460, consider going for a dual fan aftermarket cooler, as this will keep it cooler and quieter.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

2 minutes ago, Mince said:

Just because something is newer doesn't mean it's better...

Go ahead and push the 750ti. You kniw you want to, nvidia fanboy.

2 minutes ago, cpuwaiy said:

Go ahead and push the 750ti. You kniw you want to, nvidia fanboy.

I actually responded to this topic just a min ago. I said the 460 is better if you don't care about a bit more power and thermals. I'm just saying that you shouldn't recommend something just because it's newer.

11 minutes ago, Alexander Tikkanen said:

I've done my research on both the Asus NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti 2GB, and the MSI Radeon RX 460 2GB. From what I've seen, the Radeon RX 460 is better, but I would like the community's input on it. Which GPU is Better?

1 minute ago, Mince said:

I actually responded to this topic just a min ago. I said the 460 is better if you don't care about a bit more power and thermals. I'm just saying that you shouldn't recommend something just because it's newer.

Dont waste your time replying to potential trolls, someone who will reply that poorly just because someone said otherwise from his believes isn't worthy the headache [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

RX 460 is almost as fast as a GTX 950...which is faster than a 750ti

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-950-vs-AMD-RX-460/3510vs3641

GTX 1050 is a better buy though..if you can swing for it...or a used GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Even of you got the 4GB version of the RX460 it really doesn't bare much wait verse the overal performance drop, unless you like running a million texture packs on skyrim or something lol. This is why I invested in the GTX950, that's currently running balls out via bios flashed.

3 hours ago, Tackett351 said:

Even of you got the 4GB version of the RX460 it really doesn't bare much wait verse the overal performance drop, unless you like running a million texture packs on skyrim or something lol. This is why I invested in the GTX950, that's currently running balls out via bios flashed.

You do bring up a good point Tackett. It will depend on what games OP is going for, and the overall appearance they want. I like to max out things as far as my card will take it. If Mass Effect Andromeda comes with a 58 GB texture pack, damn right I wanna use it! lol.

any GPU from renowned company will work fine....but I think where EVGA is better for warranty...... They give almost double warrenty time than any other....

1 hour ago, Zarrah Ibnul said:

any GPU from renowned company will work fine....but I think where EVGA is better for warranty...... They give almost double warrenty time than any other....

EVGA has 2 and 3 year warranty on GPU depending on the model number,  MSI gives 3 year warranty on all GPUs.

So that isn't truly accurate.

Most viewpoints on needing the warranty are biased. I know more people that have had to use a warranty on EVGA products than MSI or ASUS products (GPU included); however my father in law has been running on the same EVGA GPU for almost 7 years, with no issues.

I prefer MSI because I had a couple issues with fried MBs, and their customer service satisfaction won them customer loyalty.

All of those preferences aervice opinions are going to be tainted by personal experience or views.

Warranty I found is pretty black and white.

Also, I do think the cooling on MSI is better than EVGA's cooling system in performance, not just looks

Warranty info:

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

https://us.msi.com/page/warranty