Samsung’s big ambitions: Smartphones with 560 ppi in 2014, 4K displays in 2015

wtfxmitchell

i don't mind these but... BRING HIGHER THAT 1080p AFFORDABLE MONITORS TO FFS

i want 2560*1440 for less that 300$

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just saying when Apple released the Retina display it had 326 PPI that was during 2010. If a phone has 2.5K OLED display with 560 PPI you won't be able to tell if the is anti-aliasing being run on your phone

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Longer battery life > Higher res display

This goes for any phone, would you rather have a 1080p phone that lasts 16 hours or a 2160p phone that lasts 4 hours?  A 5" 1080p screen already has high enough PPI, why quadruple it?  I don't understand what Samsung is doing...  At least Apple is doing something good in 2014 by releasing a 1080p 5.7" phone, which will probably put any 5.7" 1080p android phone to shame on battery life and performance since these companies aren't allowing the hardware to mature before they release it without any problems.  Apple doesn't innovate anymore because they want to see what the market wants, and obviously when their phone sales grow larger and larger each release, they have to be doing something to attract the common simple consumer.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.