LTT Upload Schedule

HelplmChoking

Just wanting a little clarification around what's up the LTT schedule these days. A new video used to go up about 6pm here in NZ (give or take an hour or two, it's LMG after all), but these days it can be anywhere from 6am to 3pm.

Is there a move to a new schedule, or are things just going crazy at the moment? I'm not complaining about it, just a bit confused.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

3 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

give or take an hour or two, it's LMG after all

Ouch!

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Ouch!

Ever tried to watch the WAN Show? :P

2 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Ever tried to watch the WAN Show? :P

Yes, but still... mean! xD 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I've been questioning the same thing, I'll wake up one day and there will be a new video, then the next day I can wake up and I'll have to sit and wait for the video. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

I've been questioning the same thing, I'll wake up one day and there will be a new video, then the next day I can wake up and I'll have to sit and wait for the video. 

2 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Yes, but still... mean! xD 

Wasn't trying to be mean :P Like I expect an hour or so variance, shit happens, but as Xanthe said, some days there's a video at 6am, and some days it's an 8 hour wait. It just doesn't seem as consistent any more.

Hey, stawp complaining, floatplane is worse...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hey, stawp complaining, floatplane is worse...

Funny you mention that, now I think about it, it seems like the inconsistency began right when Vessel died (which I used to the end). Maybe it's related?

2 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Funny you mention that, now I think about it, it seems like the inconsistency began right when Vessel died (which I used to the end). Maybe it's related?

COINCIDENCE? I think not

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

COINCIDENCE? I think not

looominnarrrttyyy

Oliy Barrett

Founder and Web Developer at discordbots.org

@nicklmg @LinusTech Any response? As I said, I'm not trying to criticise, I know how nuts things are at the moment with all the expansion, but it would be nice to know what's up.

22 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

Just wanting a little clarification around what's up the LTT schedule these days. A new video used to go up about 6pm here in NZ (give or take an hour or two, it's LMG after all), but these days it can be anywhere from 6am to 3pm.

Is there a move to a new schedule, or are things just going crazy at the moment? I'm not complaining about it, just a bit confused.

Outside of a few exceptions I feel like our YouTube schedule has actually been pretty consistent lately... Not many outside of that 1-2 hour window that you mentioned from what I can recall, but maybe I'm wrong.

Our videos used to go up at midnight PST, which would be ~9pm NZT. We switched our upload schedule to noon PST (9am NZT). Outside of odd circumstances like an embargo lift there shouldn't be any days where we have that day's video up by 6am your time.

There are issues from time to time, which usually break down to Premiere export errors and YouTube issues, which can cause pretty significant delays in some cases.

22 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

We completely switched our release schedule right around the same time, so that's probably why it feels that way. They were acquired right at the beginning of Q4, which is our busiest time of the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had more release timing issues during that time.

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Outside of a few exceptions I feel like our YouTube schedule has actually been pretty consistent lately... Not many outside of that 1-2 hour window that you mentioned from what I can recall, but maybe I'm wrong.

Our videos used to go up at midnight PST, which would be ~9pm NZT. We switched our upload schedule to noon PST (9am NZT). Outside of odd circumstances like an embargo lift there shouldn't be any days where we have that day's video up by 6am your time.

There are issues from time to time, which usually break down to Premiere export errors and YouTube issues, which can cause pretty significant delays in some cases.

We completely switched our release schedule right around the same time, so that's probably why it feels that way. They also went belly up right at the beginning of Q4, which is our busiest time of the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had more release timing issues during that time.

Awesome, thanks so much for explaining. I thought there was a schedule change late last year. 

Thanks for clearing it up!