XBOX support is useless and can't speak english "support chat log"

Justin_
Go to solution Solved by SCHISCHKA,
40 minutes ago, Justin_ said:
I do apologized but I did not see any concern here in your Que

jedi mind tricks?

customer service is always terrible. they hire uneducated people to read scripts, they may as well be running bots. I noticed you did not ask them if they are a robot.

Microsoft is being such a pain. I have a copy of Fallout 4 on a disc that is in perfect condition, I had no trouble running it on my old XBOX, but now that I have a new ONE S it won't work and they blame it on the perfect disk.

Im just going to drop the chat log here

Hi, thanks for visiting Xbox Support! I'm Jelly Rose .
1:56 am
Me
Hi
Jelly Rose
  Hi! Nice meeting you!
Jelly Rose

Good Morning/ Good Evening Justin!
Me
Thanks
1:57 am
Me
good morning to you too
Jelly Rose
How can I help you today?
Me
Did it not show what I just typed?
Jelly Rose
Me
ok one second let me retype it
1:58 am
Jelly Rose
Sure!
Jelly Rose
Take your time Justin!
Me
I am trying to install Fallout 4 on my new XBOX ONE S but it tells me that it cant install and the disk is either dirty or scratched. The system has installed other games without any issues, and the disk is in perfect condition. I contacted Bethesda Softworks and they told me that I should contact XBOX support
1:59 am
Jelly Rose
I see, thank you for bringing us your concern for today!
2:00 am
Me
I have also installed Fallout 4 from this disk on a XBOX (NON S) without issues
Jelly Rose
may I know where did you purchased the game on your end?
Me
I got it from Amazon
2:01 am
Jelly Rose
Just to be certain here that game was a disc is that correct?
Me
yes
Jelly Rose
may I know when did you purchased that game disc on your end Justin?
Me
I got it from Amazon
Me
oh sorry
2:02 am
Me
I would need to check but I think march-april last year
Jelly Rose
I mean is on the exact date please. 
Me
ok I will check my order one second
Me
March 7, 2016
2:03 am
Jelly Rose
I see, have you ever tried to install that game ever since that you purchased it?
Jelly Rose
Thank you for this information.
Jelly Rose
may I know your gamertag please.
Me
Yes I installed it without issue on a XBOX non S system without issue previously
Me
StorewideBog64
Jelly Rose
And when it was started to have an issue on your end?
2:04 am
Me
I didn't have any issues until I tried to install it on y new XBOX ONE S in november
2:05 am
Jelly Rose
Have you ever tried to play that disc on other console?
Jelly Rose
I see, as per checking here in my resources the game disc on your end should be install on a one account and in one console. 
Me
Yes it worked on a previous non S XBOX ONE just fine
Jelly Rose
After you install the game on your account your account can be sign in on other account together with the disc can play anywhere,
2:06 am
Jelly Rose
any console will be that game can played of, just to make sure that the account that has been lig in was the account you install the game.
2:07 am
Me
Yes and that worked for my other games, but this one wont install
Jelly Rose
Me
Yes I am useing the same user account
Jelly Rose
you can install the game disc once , 
Me
I cant install it on my new XBOX???
Jelly Rose
if you ever install that game no need to install it repeatedly
2:08 am
Jelly Rose
no need to install again Justin. 
Me
I have not been able to install it on my current console
Me
ever
Jelly Rose
Please look for the list of your game on my games and apps
Jelly Rose
After you install the game on your account if you used that on other console no need to install it again , 
2:09 am
Me
it is in the install queue
Jelly Rose
it was automatically installed on your account .
Jelly Rose
that right
Me
No it is not installed
2:10 am
Jelly Rose
not installed on new Xbox but installed on your account .
Jelly Rose
so no need to install it again.
Me
Can I talk to somebody who can understand english????
Me
If I go to my games and try to open it it tells me "Installing 19%" it will never install
2:11 am
Jelly Rose
I totally understand your concern here, since all other games are working fine on your console, we can try some steps here that typically resolves this kind of issue, however, if incase the steps provided didn't work, this may mean that the disc that you're tryin to use is faulty or already damaged
2:16 am
Me
the disk is in perfect condition, their is no visible scratches or dirt
Jelly Rose
Just to clarify, the account that you're signed in with has the game already is that correct?
Me
And I have over 60 hours in on this disk on my last console
2:17 am
Me
Yes
Jelly Rose
I see.. thanks for confirming, could you please try the disc on another console to see if same issue will occur?
Me
I don't have access to another console
Jelly Rose
Have you tried another disc game on your console?
2:18 am
Me
Yes I have installed and used about 5 other games (from discs) in this console
2:18 am
Jelly Rose
I see.. since other disc games are working fine on your console, we may need to perform some steps that typically resolves his kind of issue, however, if incase these steps didn't work, this may mean that the disc that you want to use is already faulty or damaged.
2:19 am
Jelly Rose
Would that be okay with you?
2:20 am
Me
Shure, why not
Jelly Rose
Alright then, is your console ready?
Me
yes
Jelly Rose
Great!
Jelly Rose
Just to make sure before we star you know your credentials on your account including the password of your account is that okay with you? 
2:21 am
Me
correct
2:21 am
Jelly Rose
To start with we have to delete your profile on your console.
2:22 am
Me
ok
Me
Just sing out?
Jelly Rose
Don't worry rest assure that deleting your profile wont affect your saved data, games and apps. This will only help us in refreshing your profile.
2:23 am
Jelly Rose
To delete your profile Please go to Settings > all settings > accounts > Remove Accounts
2:23 am
Me
ok
2:24 am
Jelly Rose
Please let me know once your done, so that i can provide you the nest step
Me
done
Jelly Rose
Thanks for your patience and effort.
Jelly Rose
Great!
Jelly Rose

Please turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts off completely

Unplug everything including accessories and cables and rest them for 3 minutes

Reconnect everything after 3 minutes 

2:25 am
Jelly Rose
Please let me know once the console is on after 3 minutes
2:26 am
Me
do i need to unplug the power brick from the wall??
Jelly Rose
Oh1 you're using a power brick?
Me
Oh sorry no
2:27 am
Jelly Rose
You're using an Xbox one s right?
Me
Yes, it is 2:30AM I was just confused with the old system
Me
their is no power brick
Jelly Rose
Xbox one s has its own built in power supply, if that's the case, best suggest to plug the console directly to the wall outlet
Jelly Rose
Oh I see..
Jelly Rose
Did your console turn on?
2:30 am
Me
yes it is turning on now
Jelly Rose
Please let me know
Me
ok it is on
Jelly Rose
Alright!
Jelly Rose
 Kindly click the Sign In button on the main dashboard of your console >> Add New >> Type in the log-in credentials for your account.
2:31 am
Jelly Rose
After you sign in please chek the game disc on your end.
2:32 am
Jelly Rose
if this steps did not work Justin , best suggest to contact to the store were in you purchased the disc on your end. 
2:32 am
Me
done
2:33 am
Me
trying to run the disc
Jelly Rose
Alright!
Me
"Installation stopped, hold [xbox button] for more details"
Jelly Rose
Please let me know after you run the dis
Jelly Rose
Please follow the procedures that may come.
2:34 am
Me
it just takes me to the install queue
2:35 am
Jelly Rose
Please install the game on your end.
Me
I am haveing the same issue as before, it wont install
Jelly Rose
However this make take for a couple of time on your end.
2:36 am
Me
it tells me installation stopped, giving it time wont do anything
2:36 am
Jelly Rose
if that was the case Justin I will highly suggest you to contact to the Amazon where in your purchased the game disc. Since that we already tried to perfom a steps that will typically resolve your concern Justin.
2:37 am
Jelly Rose
i do apologized for that maybe the disc ha the problem since that other disc work fine on your end,. And we are having a problem with that game only Justin.
2:38 am
Me
The disk is in perfect condition and has never had any issues until I got this console. I got it on Amazon over 30 days ago so they wont do anything. and bethesda just sends me to you
Me
I have only ever had 1 Fallout 4 disc
Jelly Rose
I do apologied for that Justin but we already done the steps and we are suggesting you to purchased another game disc on your end . 
2:39 am
Jelly Rose
i hope that i already provide all the information that you needed for today!
2:40 am
Me
Why should I be required to buy another disk when it is your console that is malfunctioning??
Me
You haven't helped at all, I have already tried all of this
Jelly Rose
i asked you earlier you said that other disc work fine so there is no problem with the dconsole Justin its on your disc
2:41 am
Me
Alright fine screw it, save Microsoft a few dollars. Goodby. You were useless.
2:42 am
System
Chat has ended.
2:42 am

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I don't know why but it felt like i was reading a story with some scammer with broken english trying to get your Xbox Account.. that's kind of low if that's the official Support of Microsoft.

It more than likely is your disc. Their reasoning is perfectly fine and accurate. 

Damage is not always visible, if something was messed up in the processes of writing the data to the disc you would never know until such a time that the data was required to be read. Just because it works in your xbox non-s doesn't mean it would work in the new xbox one s.

More than likely if you ever have the chance to try, that disk won't work in other one-s systems.

The broken english is rather infuriating, but c'mon man. That alone is no reason to go off on someone who by all means has more than likely been correct.

A true useless tech support agent would be like the one i dealt with last time I had to call up my isp (Frontier). I spent three hours arguing, saying the same line over and over again countless times "I don't need a router activated. I just need you to change my service from coaxial to ethernet/rj45. Nothing else." only to hear back the same line over and over again "We do not support activation of third party routers, sir." Finally after those three hours of arguing I gave in and said "Forget I said anything about a router. Change my service from coaxial to ethernet, now." and within three minutes the problem was solved. Now that, was a useless tech support who was absolutely in the wrong the entire time.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I clicked on this one with a specific expectation and I didn't get disappointed.:D

I'm sorry for you, I guess you should try it on another day/time and hope for a more qualified person on the other end.

PS: Is there no way to download it and install when you get the game by disk today? I never had to deal with consoles after PS2 xD 

40 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

jedi mind tricks?

customer service is always terrible. they hire uneducated people to read scripts, they may as well be running bots. I noticed you did not ask them if they are a robot.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Yeah, but she was right and you were wrong, you were also wrong to go off on her like that when she did try to help you and was right in the end. Damage on the disk doesnt have to be visible. The console works fine if you can install other games.

MAIN BUILD!

I had a similar experience with MS support only with their office division who then want to remote into my PC... yeah like that was ever going to happen!

I do believe in a god: Libertina, the goddess of the sea, apple pie, certain types of ice cream and short bits of string.

13 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

jedi mind tricks?

I was tempted to multiple times, but I didn't want to deal with their horrificness

Also somehow I selected your answer as the best answer somehow...

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.