Anyway to direct diff. audio sources to diff. devices in Win7

Go to solution Solved by rhyseyness,

Honestly, it sounds like your problem is just shitty laptop speakers.

If you really want to try this you could:

Get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and plug headphone out to line in, turn on "listen to this device" on the line in, then set speakers as default audio device, which'll probably work but you'll introduce some delay.

When I say it will work, I mean it will put the sound from the headphone out to the speakers, but I don't think you'll get better sound out.

I think you problem is the quality of the speakers, not the pipeline to them.

Hope this helps :)

Okay so I have a laptop (toshiba satellite P755-S5382) that has some pretty good on board speakers with one glaring issue. That is that even though they can rock the lower frequencies rather comfortably without any noticeable distortion via. a line in. But when actually listening to any audio coming from windows itself their seems to be some kind of software that makes it to where the frequencies that it plays are on a curve. To put it simply, it's like the computer is handicapping itself by not allowing full utilization of the range of the speakers, imagine if somebody took an EQ and turned down the lower frequencies, that's how it's acting. Now to go through the canned responses, yes I have gone through and disabled all the sound modifiers in windows and in the Realtek audio drivers and to no avail. But there is one way I was hoping I could go about it. You see, through the line in/mic the limit on the lower frequencies is not present, and the limit is also not present on the headphone jack. So what I was wondering is if I could take the system audio and pipe it through the headphone jack which would then go to the line in where the audio from the line in would then be played through the speakers. So basically what I am asking is, can I make it to where my system audio plays through one output while my onboard speakers play from a line in?

Spoiler

Primary System: Big Rave
CPU: R7 2700x
Cooler: EK-AIO Basic 360
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 2400 CL14 (OC @2733Mhz)

Mobo: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
GPU-1: Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8G Gaming

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Windows 10 Boot Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Ubuntu 20.04 Boot Disk: Samsung 970 EVO plus 500GB

Fans: Corsair LL120 RGB (x6)
PSU: EVGA BQ 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified

Secondary System: Razer Blade 15 (RTX)
CPU: i7-9750H

RAM: 16GB (Dual Channel, 2667Mhz)
GPU: RTX 2070 Max-Q
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Display: 15.6 inch IPS - 240Hz

RGB: Glorious

Get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and plug headphone out to line in, turn on "listen to this device" on the line in, then set speakers as default audio device, which'll probably work but you'll introduce some delay.

When I say it will work, I mean it will put the sound from the headphone out to the speakers, but I don't think you'll get better sound out.

On 1/30/2017 at 4:33 AM, rhyseyness said:

ah, no thank you!

this actually helped a great deal as it seems that for some reason within the bios or something they limited the low ends and it just made audio sound very tinny and not that pleasant to the ear. I tested this theory by hooking into the line in with my desktop via an aux cable plugged into the speaker jack on the back of it and it produced much better audio. I think they limited it artificially so that people didn't do stupid shite with their laptops and claim warranty, though honestly with it being 6+ years old I couldn't care less. Thanks again!

Spoiler

Primary System: Big Rave
CPU: R7 2700x
Cooler: EK-AIO Basic 360
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 2400 CL14 (OC @2733Mhz)

Mobo: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming
GPU-1: Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8G Gaming

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Windows 10 Boot Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Ubuntu 20.04 Boot Disk: Samsung 970 EVO plus 500GB

Fans: Corsair LL120 RGB (x6)
PSU: EVGA BQ 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified

Secondary System: Razer Blade 15 (RTX)
CPU: i7-9750H

RAM: 16GB (Dual Channel, 2667Mhz)
GPU: RTX 2070 Max-Q
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB